Bearded Dragon threw up nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OviDear

He's 10 years old and hasn't been eating for about 2 days now. I looked behind me about 1 minute ago and saw him throwing up mucus or something, god im so worried please help

OviDear

Original Poster
more information:
he is this really weird color, his beard has been black ever since he threw up, when I pick up his body he's stiff, as if he is going through rigor mortis (he's alive and breathing though). I don't know what's going on. Also the mucusie looking stuff he threw up was transparent and yellow. And I have given him water since he threw up and he hasn't perked up or anything

Our Diamond is almost 8 years old, and other than mouth rot we haven't dealt with too many illnesses. So I don't have much experience to offer. Sorry to hear your dragon is sick. I hope someone else can offer you advice or you can take your dragon to a vet tomorrow if he is still acting that sick.

One thing I learned about Diamond being ill, dragons can be quick sick and hide it for weeks. We only found out Diamond had mouth rot when we took him in to board for a short vacation. He was eating and running around fine. I'm glad at least our vacation meant he saw the vet before it got any worse!
OviDear":yyn8ay3t said:
more information:
he is this really weird color, his beard has been black ever since he threw up, when I pick up his body he's stiff, as if he is going through rigor mortis (he's alive and breathing though). I don't know what's going on. Also the mucusie looking stuff he threw up was transparent and yellow. And I have given him water since he threw up and he hasn't perked up or anything

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
OviDear":3qfb48cg said:
more information:

Something is very seriously wrong and he's bb and stiff because he's in agony …. is there a chance he's aspirated some bath water (nearly drowned himself) , you could keep him warm and place him s his head is lower than his bottom and maybe some water will drain out of his longs.

If there is vet very near by, this counts as an emergency , but it's very likely from your description he wont survive long enough to get there.

I hope I am wrong , and know you are likely very upset .

OviDear

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2qusffgo said:
OviDear":2qusffgo said:
more information:

Something is very seriously wrong and he's bb and stiff because he's in agony …. is there a chance he's aspirated some bath water (nearly drowned himself) , you could keep him warm and place him s his head is lower than his bottom and maybe some water will drain out of his longs.

If there is vet very near by, this counts as an emergency , but it's very likely from your description he wont survive long enough to get there.

No bath water, he hasn't dirtied himself in a while and the last time i gave him a full bath was 2 weeks ago (since he's quite old I usually just wipe him down with a towel and warm water). He survived the night but he seems the same, bb, stiff, and a weird pale color.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
OviDear":3awzjj3r said:
kingofnobbys":3awzjj3r said:
OviDear":3awzjj3r said:
more information:

No bath water, he hasn't dirtied himself in a while and the last time i gave him a full bath was 2 weeks ago (since he's quite old I usually just wipe him down with a towel and warm water). He survived the night but he seems the same, bb, stiff, and a weird pale color.

You need to get him to see a vet so they can examine him and work out what's causing this , and maybe a treatment plan that can at least make him more comfortable and give him pain relief.

OviDear

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2klz8ldl said:
OviDear":2klz8ldl said:
kingofnobbys":2klz8ldl said:
OviDear":2klz8ldl said:
more information:

You need to get him to see a vet so they can examine him and work out what's causing this , and maybe a treatment plan that can at least make him more comfortable and give him pain relief.

My mother has agreed to take him to a vet, it is Sunday though and only emergency vets are open (they are really expensive) and so we will take him to a vet tomorrow. Are there any home remedies to relieve some of his pain for now?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
OviDear":1midqbjc said:
kingofnobbys":1midqbjc said:
kingofnobbys":1midqbjc said:
more information:

My mother has agreed to take him to a vet, it is Sunday though and only emergency vets are open (they are really expensive) and so we will take him to a vet tomorrow. Are there any home remedies to relieve some of his pain for now?

I wouldn't wait another 24 hours , at the very least it means 24 hours of unnecessary suffering and agony on his part if he can't be saved and needs to be euthanized , and an extra 24 hours will likely result in his deterioration past being able to be saved all for the saving of a few $.

OviDear

Original Poster
I know I know, I tried to tell my mom that he should see a vet today and she said they were expensive, I can't really argue with my mom about this stuff. I hate that he's suffering and I hate that I'm not old enough to do anything about it, I would do anything to take him to the vet right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom