Bearded Dragon making weird noise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OviDear

It's strange... It sounds like he's hissing but he isn't angry.... AHH he did it again!! I don't know what's going on with him now! Please help!!!

OviDear

Original Poster
AHBD":289mjns4 said:
Is he still doing it ?
Yes. He started doing it again today and I realized that he just wants to be left alone. He just started doing it the day this topic was made, so I didn't really have any idea what was going on. All is well now!

OviDear

Original Poster
AHBD":2pdlcf7v said:
They will do that at times like you said....no black beard but a little hiss from a grouchy dragon. :)
Is he new or have any health problems ?
Yes he has MBD, and he is brand new to me. I rescued him from a friend who got him when he was young and then as the years went on he stopped taking care of it. Trex (chrex) is 10 years old and is an amazing dragon when he gets what he needs. I took him outside in the morning yesterday (we have been having very cold weather recently and the sun came out after 4 days of clouds :lol: ) and he was moving around and basking, he even got pissy with me when I was picking him up. We had a dog cage thing (the thing for puppies when you don't want them to go to certain areas) and I left him out there with a box for shade and some food, he was out there for a couple of hours and then finally let me pick him up to say that he was done :eek: . I only had him outside for so long because I don't have a UVB light and NEED to get one!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great if you can get him outside regularly, just be super careful that no animals can get to him, esp. roaming cats. Do you have pics of him and his set up, including the outside one ? Here's how to post pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

It may be that it's a bit painful when he is picked up so be very gentle and support him with both hands. Plus he's in a new place that he is not familiar with, pretty stressful after 10 yrs. with another owner but good for him since he was neglected.

OviDear

Original Poster
AHBD":1a7xt9wu said:
That's great if you can get him outside regularly, just be super careful that no animals can get to him, esp. roaming cats. Do you have pics of him and his set up, including the outside one ? Here's how to post pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

It may be that it's a bit painful when he is picked up so be very gentle and support him with both hands. Plus he's in a new place that he is not familiar with, pretty stressful after 10 yrs. with another owner but good for him since he was neglected.

I'd have to set up the outside cage again in order to get a picture, it's currently inside and folded up because it's going to rain soon. But here is a picture of his tank, it's very plain because he doesn't seem to want to climb up on anything (and he has a very hard time holding on to things) add because I only have a limited amount of supplies at the moment.
95358-2543763216.jpg
95358-4220351703.jpg
95358-2903823620.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom