Bearded dragon is SEVERELY sick; please help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I see 3 domes is one of the domes a UVB? If so they are not good --- the best UVB's are long tube fixtures like a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb 24 watt --- found at Pet Smart - another is a Zoo Med 24" fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Sunblaster Nano Tech w/ the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb --- it would be best to have it place directly over the basking decor unobstructed 12-15 inches

Flame2020

Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Flame 🔥
Here are the pictures
I’m going to give him 0.5 ml of pedialyte today. Yesterday he was very tired. He slept for awhile. His eyes are almost constantly closed, and his beard is usually black around the tips. When I give him his pedialyte or antibiotic, it turns pitch black. He still won’t eat anything, but his stomach is still really big. He still won’t poop. We’re going to try to get him a UVB lamp today. His stomach is really bloated. Is there any way we can get him to poop? He’s still breathing and very weakly. Sometimes I have to watch him to make sure that he is breathing.

Flame2020

Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Flame 🔥
Oh poor baby and you . We are all sending positive healing vibes. You’re a great dragon owner . I agree with critical reptile powder mixed in pedialyte . Hope today is better

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Pharaoh just died
Thank you all for your help and for your kindness.
I appreciate it greatly
Thank you
I am sorry to hear --- from the pics he didnt look that bad off -- but looks can be deceiving and we dont always know what is going on w/ them internally-- again I am sorry to hear this

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so very sorry, I know you must be devastated. :( I believe it was likely carcinoma, too many beardies with symptoms just like Pharoah had and there's no cure. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you on the loss of your beardie boy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry that you lost Pharoah, bless him. :cry: It is so sad that so many of these precious
dragons are getting health issues that are so severe.
My condolences to you.

Tracie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Pharaoh just died
Thank you all for your help and for your kindness.
I appreciate it greatly
Thank you
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that 😢 😞 my sincerest condolences

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom