Bearded dragon, German Giant genes??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on some sight that German Giants have a specific pattern and a orange color and bluish sides is this true, because my beardie has these same markings?
image_zps6e88d304.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
Thats not true. German Giants were bred for size, not color. Mostly they are a plain grey or sandy color. There are no true German Giants in America anymore, the blood lines have been crossed with other morphs too much.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Does he have 20 clear nails or do they have a streak of color? Hypos will have clear nails.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
In addition, I'd like to point out that "sandfire" is not a morph.

-Brandon

Gail

BD.org Addict
I had to come back to this thread. Looking back at the pics, I can't really tell if there is any color on them or not since the pic quality is low. Look at his nails, if there is any color it will be a stripe running down the front. If there is no stripe then he is indeed hypo. Was he labeled as a hypo when you bought him?

nail006.jpg

Reptiles2232

Original Poster
No she wasn't labeled hypo, the label just said bearded dragons. I picked her because she was the largest, most active, and her bright colors. Her beard doesn't turn black when she puffs it out either.And sorry about pic quality.

beardieparents7780

Hatchling Member
How old is your bd? What's the length and weight?
True German Giants reach 24" + and weigh around 1000 grams or so.
Here's a pic of my 8 month old..he's 23 1/2 " and 525 grams. I'm not sure of his bloodlines but he might have some german giant.
null_zpsa3e2c8a4.jpg

Reptiles2232

Original Poster
Ive figured out my beardie must not be GG he is only 13'' (is this a good length at this age) at 11 months old, the color got me wondering but the sight I looked at was false. I don't no his weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom