bearded dragon drowning

Status
Not open for further replies.

newt7111

Original Poster
Today he seems a lot more alert and is breathing normally however he still hasn't moved and won't eat

newt7111

Original Poster
well i have been able to feed him some food and he seems much more alert but he still wont eat on his own or walk

newt7111

Original Poster
hey again he has finally pooped but it was really dry and light brown and just looked wrong ive been feeding him mashed up bearded dragon pellets and small bits of fruit. he is moving a little more now but im a bit worried about his back legs what should i do

discojan

Juvie Member
how about some fresh food--some greens (mustard/collard/endive/turnip) the fiber might help? is he moving around any more?

newt7111

Original Poster
Okay I'm afraid I'm having more problems he is more alert and can move sound more but the end of his tail and he toes on his back legs are black and stiff he can't walk on them I'm think they might be dead what should I do?

newt7111

Original Poster
hello again sorry my internet stopped working and we just got it fixed im still having some problems uploading pictures but they should be up soon. I think he either has tailrot or a retained shed... Does anyone know how to tell them apart and what to do.

newt7111

Original Poster
I am now sure he has tailrot. My vet charges over 300 dollars to amputate his tail and 3 of his legs and he still might not make it... I can't aford that so im just going to try keep him happy till he goes.. Thanks for all of the help.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
newt7111":2wuu2uio said:
I am now sure he has tailrot. My vet charges over 300 dollars to amputate his tail and 3 of his legs and he still might not make it... I can't aford that so im just going to try keep him happy till he goes.. Thanks for all of the help.

Ah thats so sad. I hope you'll be ok and that your beardie can be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubhomes1
Top Bottom