Yellow abdominal fluid in my BD

Mizjackson9

Beardie name(s)
Zipp
Hi everyone! This is my 1st post, please be kind. I adopted my bearded dragon almost 2 years ago. She was sick when I got her and I found out she had follicular stasis. She made it out of surgery with flying colors and her appetite has been Supreme since then. Recently, I noticed her belly looked a little bloated. Long story short, I've soaked her a few times thinking it may have been constipation and then I took her to the vet. Her vet agreed that she looked a little bloated so she took her back and did a quick ultrasound then came back with a syringe full of yellow liquid. She tells me that was from her stomach and they Drew out a total of 30 cc's from her abdomen, and that wasn't all of it either. I had her that draw blood and send off for comprehensive blood panel. She mentioned that her results aren't alarming but there is some concern that it her ovaries could be growing back or he even worse, it could be cancer. She did not see any abnormalities during the ultrasound either. It has nothing to do with her diet, lighting, Temps or anything of that nature, she's had a clean bill of health from her vet a couple of times already. Anyone experience this or familiar with this, I know the yellow fluid is not a good sign and my heart hurts.

Attachments

• 20240306_184745.jpg
    20240306_184745.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Front_Cat_003496.pdf
    316.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't have any real answers for you but I hope it's something that can be solved. Do you have bloodwork that you could post here ? Something may be off with the liver so that should show up. And if the ovaries are growing back then she could develop follicles again, a few people on the forum have posted about that happening. EDIT..... I see the bloodwork there, LDH is pretty high so that's the thing of concern. Drache613 is one of the mods. and may have more insight. BTW, post this in the E.R. or health for more traction. Best wishes for your girl Zipp ! P.S., everyone here is friendly. :)

Last edited:

Mizjackson9

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zipp
I don't have any real answers for you but I hope it's something that can be solved. Do you have bloodwork that you could post here ? Something may be off with the liver so that should show up. And if the ovaries are growing back then she could develop follicles again, a few people on the forum have posted about that happening. EDIT..... I see the bloodwork there, LDH is pretty high so that's the thing of concern. Drache613 is one of the mods. and may have more insight. BTW, post this in the E.R. or health for more traction. Best wishes for your girl Zipp ! P.S., everyone here is friendly. :)
Thank you for commenting! And in my post wasn't worded completely correct, dang voice to text lol. We did discuss about her liver too. We are in the middle of a snowstorm and once that clears up then I'll take her in to get more fluid taken out. Her vet said that if she gets the same amount as she did the first time, or more, whatever is going on is progressing faster 😢 She's alert and eating, just not eating as much as she usually does. I can tell she's a little uncomfortable because when she goes to bask, which is not every day now, she won't go up to her spot and lay, she'll sit up on her bricks so it helps give her some relief. She doesnt have labored breathing and her gums are still pink as well. She did the same thing before she had surgery. I know she's not in pain, just uncomfortable. I'm preparing myself for the worst, hopefully it doesn't come very soon.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom