Bearded Dragon Bite

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
So i was curious Would a 14-16 inch bearded dragon bite hurt? and would an Adult bearded dragon bite hurt? Just curious haha

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I have been bitten twice, by 2 different adult beardies. On both occasions, I voluntarily stuck my pointer finger in their mouths. Once to extricate a foreign object, once to open a mouth so that water could drain out. They bit out of instinct, not malice, and I was aware that I would be bitten. It does hurt, and does draw blood, especially when they use their bigger back teeth. I just washed them good with soap and water, and applied Neosporin and a Band-Aid. It hurts for a couple days. It was worth it, though, and I'm certain on the second occasion I saved her life.

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
at that size, it would feel like a hard pinch. but an adult may be able to puncture you, so be sure not to get bitten by one :b

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A baby beardie may have very little jaw strength, but as it grows, even at 7-8" it can bite off a siblings leg....if it wants to. Beardies certainly do have teeth by the way, very small but pretty sharp. A 14 -16" beardie can give a strong nasty bite, much more than a pinch, breaking skin + drawing blood, and an adult can rip your finger open if they want to. Thankfully they very , very rarely want to.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Are you afraid of being bit?

unless your beardie shows signs of aggression you really shouldn't worry.

Mr Dargon nipped me ONCE on accident when he was eating, and he looked so sad after he did. He is very gentle and i am never worried that he is going to bite me.

Tasty Treat gives warning bites. She has always been a feisty beardie. her nips feel like pinches, and she always makes sure to look directly at you afterwards so you know she meant it. but she has never bit fully to draw blood.

if your beardie bites you for no reason there is good reason to suspect that he or she is sick or hurt.
if you handle your beardie everyday and take care of him/her, then you shouldn't be worried about them biting you. they may mistake your fingers for food if you are hand feeding them, so be careful with that.

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh i was just curious my dragon sometimes think my hand is food and will try to lick it and bite it cause i get lazii sometime and feed him inside his tank which isnt a good thing i know and i have been a bit busy with some stuff so i havnt taken him out as much so yea i was just curious imma start training and holding him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom