My dragon doesn't like people

Meatbra

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leon
I want to know why my bearded dragon doesn’t like me. He has been aggressive since I’ve gotten him . He runs to bite my hand when I put it in his tank to give him food or water or when I try to pick him up. I’ve only had him a couple months and I’ve tried hand feeding to get him trust me but now he thinks my hands are food. When I take him out of the cage he will bite things like blankets or shirts randomly. How do I get him to like me

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I want to know why my bearded dragon doesn’t like me. He has been aggressive since I’ve gotten him . He runs to bite my hand when I put it in his tank to give him food or water or when I try to pick him up. I’ve only had him a couple months and I’ve tried hand feeding to get him trust me but now he thinks my hands are food. When I take him out of the cage he will bite things like blankets or shirts randomly. How do I get him to like me
The surface basking temps and your UVB are critical for the dragon -- how old is the dragon? Please go over the lighting --- UVB coil or long tube fixture and where is it in the tank? Surface basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? A digital probe thermometer is the most accurate-- for him to be biting on blankets etc are you feeding any kind of supplements? What is his diet ?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Awwww I am sorry to hear this. Please try what is stated above and practice patience. He may be nervous. Take a piece of your clothing and leave it in the enclosure so he can get used to your scent. Start hand feeding him. You have to give him time. Let him come to you and don't rush the process.
No sudden movements and don't try to grab him from above. We are huge to them.

Wait...the blankets and shirts may be the enemy right now so if he doesnt react well, let a little more time pass.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Where did you get him from?
You could always do some type of behavioral training.

I don't know but maybe the way they were treated before sold
It might have been bred genetically or tank mates.
Make sure everything is right in the tank.

What Karrie said is a good place to start.
The surface basking temps and your UVB are critical for the dragon -- how old is the dragon? Please go over the lighting --- UVB coil or long tube fixture and where is it in the tank? Surface basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? A digital probe thermometer is the most accurate-- for him to be biting on blankets etc are you feeding any kind of supplements? What is his diet ?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom