Yellow fungus advice

syafiqmust

Beardie name(s)
cheddar
Hi guys :) my name is syafiq and i am from malaysia, so recently, i wanted to adopt a hypo zero bearded dragon to save it from the last owner, as the last owner said it has yellow fungus on its tail and it's been on this poor fella since november 2023, the tail is not shedding much but the beardie is eating well, is it possible to be cured? i need a few advice from any experts because i love all my animals so much.

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi guys :) my name is syafiq and i am from malaysia, so recently, i wanted to adopt a hypo zero bearded dragon to save it from the last owner, as the last owner said it has yellow fungus on its tail and it's been on this poor fella since november 2023, the tail is not shedding much but the beardie is eating well, is it possible to be cured? i need a few advice from any experts because i love all my animals so much.

View attachment 89201
It looks like shed -- no yellow fungus-- can you take a pic of it and post of the tail end please--

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Welcome, from Malaysia!
I agree with Karrie, it does not appear to be yellow fungus. He is a very handsome dragon, there. It may just be some shedding getting ready to occur.
You mentioned he is eating well?
Retained shed is stubborn. You can try some coconut oil applied at night, or some aloe vera gel to help with moisture.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko

View attachment 89201
Some adult dragons take a long time to shed. That's normal and does not require any attention. Just be patient and it will shed when it needs to. It also may be more of a darker tone on the tail.

syafiqmust

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
cheddar
It looks like shed -- no yellow fungus-- can you take a pic of it and post of the tail end please--
thank you so much ive been worried about the yellow collor, for now i dont have the picture of the tail as the beardead dragon is still in the owner hands but i will update it later !

syafiqmust

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
cheddar
Hello,

Welcome, from Malaysia!
I agree with Karrie, it does not appear to be yellow fungus. He is a very handsome dragon, there. It may just be some shedding getting ready to occur.
You mentioned he is eating well?
Retained shed is stubborn. You can try some coconut oil applied at night, or some aloe vera gel to help with moisture.

Tracie
Thank you thank you thank you sooo much, i have been getting a lot of negative comments on my post in local bearded dragon group that they say i shouldnt decide to adopt these boy since it is concerned as sick and could cause other people to think theres a lot of scam selling inside the group because i adopt him at the first place, but i just wanted to save him since the old owner doesnt took it well using a newspaper as a substrate which really makes me sad, can i still take him to the vet for medical check up to prepare/prevent any health issues though ?

syafiqmust

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
cheddar
Some adult dragons take a long time to shed. That's normal and does not require any attention. Just be patient and it will shed when it needs to. It also may be more of a darker tone on the tail.
i see, because i have one normal bearded dragon who shed normally and i never saw any of yellow colorings on it as it is still a juvenile, and this is my first time too having adult beardies in my collection. Thank you ABHD i appreciate your replies so much

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If he's eating well you don't necessarily need a vet check, sometimes it's best to let them settle in. How are the vets in Malaysia, are they familiar with beardie health problems ? Some vets will find something where there's nothing.

syafiqmust

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
cheddar
If he's eating well you don't necessarily need a vet check, sometimes it's best to let them settle in. How are the vets in Malaysia, are they familiar with beardie health problems ? Some vets will find something where there's nothing.
oh thats something im quite curious too, im not sure about the vets here in malaysia, but they say there's 2 exotic animals clinic around my place and ive seen people send their bd there for any treatments, for now i will do what as you guys say and thank you again so much for the replies, much appreciate

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is too bad. It is a kind generous person to take in an ill or disadvantaged little dragon. He
deserves a good loving home.
I agree with AHBD, let him settle in for a few weeks to let him calm down & get accustomed to his
new home.
How is the skin looking today?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, there definitely isn't any yellow fungus present. The
scales look perfectly fine to me.

Tracie

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom