Bathing? Do you bath them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmaui

Juvie Member
Yes. Frequent baths help keep them hydrated. It also helps them with their shedding. Put them in warm water (the temperature you would bathe a baby in) up to their armpits. It also helps to put a washcloth under them so they don't slide around so much and its makes them feel more secure. Don't ever leave them alone in the bath. Let them soak for 15 to 20 mins, making sure their vent (where the go poo) is in the water. That is the way they keep hydrated. Since my baby dragon doesn't even drink when water is dropped on his nose, I usually bathe him every day. They should be bathed at least once or twice a week though.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
If its a baby beardie more baths are needed due to keeping them at higher temps. Since the hot side of the viv needs to be 105 to 110f and cool side 80 to 85f. I bathe my little ones everyday for 10 mins or so. Just to make sure they are hydrated. Older beardies like lowers temps of 100 to 105f cool side is the same as the young ones. They only need the bath 2 to 3 times a week for 15 to 20 mins. All of mine gets baths everyday. Babys to keep them hydrated older ones poo in their bath water first thing in the morning so they dont poo in their vivs most of the time. Older ones baths are only 2 to 5 mins or intill they poo and 3 days a week for the 20 min soak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom