I just need any opinions Please

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I already have the Arcadia mentioned above on the way. Its not going to be here until monday though
Ok so the screen on your tank is a wide hole type or a fine mesh type like a screen door? This is going to determine placement and distance

FlareBear123

Original Poster
So I posted almost a month ago and Flare has steadily gotten worse over that time. She has eaten less and less of the critical care but her lower abdomen has become more and more swollen. I just want to share these pictures we took yesterday of her so that she can be seen by other people. She is the most amazing pet I have ever had. She is my family and I have made the decision to take her to the vet tomorrow to be able to rest finally. She deserves that. That is all. Thank you for listening.

Attachments

• 20231202_215033.jpg
    20231202_215033.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231202_215252.jpg
    20231202_215252.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 36

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I posted almost a month ago and Flare has steadily gotten worse over that time. She has eaten less and less of the critical care but her lower abdomen has become more and more swollen. I just want to share these pictures we took yesterday of her so that she can be seen by other people. She is the most amazing pet I have ever had. She is my family and I have made the decision to take her to the vet tomorrow to be able to rest finally. She deserves that. That is all. Thank you for listening.
Did you get her into the vet to see what was going on w/ her? X rays done? Blood work done?

FlareBear123

Original Poster
Yeah they did the Blood work, glucose was super high, which coupled with the xrays that they did the vet said it was most likely GNT.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm very sorry to heat that. She is adorable.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so, so sorry. These words to a grieving pet owner are never enough, the pain and feeling of devastation can be intense. No doubt every one reading this would wish they could make it go away. Sending my deepest sympathy to let you know how much others care. RIP to Flare, she is much loved.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
No words could probably ease your pain but I'm really sorry for you and Flare :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post a few more pictures of the x-rays, that would help. I would recommend a blood test,
to see what the glucose levels are, as well as the uric acid, AST, calcium, etc levels. I see they did
a blood test, do you have a copy of them you could post?
At the moment, I don't see any tumor on that picture. Has she ever laid eggs in the past?
I hate to hear the diagnosis, there are way too many that have been diagnosed with this type of
problem. I am so sorry for you & Flare. :cry:

Tracie

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom