anyone ever use $5mealworms???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielle4

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
forget I posted this after looking at the site again I see these are meal worms and not superworms :banghead:

Gail

BD.org Addict
They do sell supers too but the prices are about the same as other companies. I was going to order from them until I read their guarantee, I've had too many DOA insects so I want a company thats not going to make me pay shipping on a replacement.
mulberryfarms.com is having a superworm special right now, its like $23 for 2000.

DNADragons

Hatchling Member
I have ordered from them a few times. To be expected some DOA's but not enough to matter. They turn into beetles before I have a chance to feed them off. My gravid female dragons love them and I will glady choose them over any other, not only for price but how fast they ship. You won't get them in an insulated box with heat pack but they are just a source of cheap and bulk food that I would suggest to any of my customers and friends. They have hundreds of happy customers and I have spoken with several.

suzuki4life

Juvie Member
They ship in unmark boxes which is illegal. And when you have valid complaints, they mock the customer.

this is how the stuff I ordered arrived. 10k units and the seller didn't care if he lost a customer or ruined the hobby for the rest of us.

DNADragons

Hatchling Member
You are correct USPS regulations c022 states all perishable/live insects must include a description of contents (though "perishables" is considered adequate), it also defines packaging requirements (w5c weatherproof, fiberboard) and flat rate boxes are not to be used. The major issue is that the box is crushed, big no-no according to the USPS. That is a very important rule that packages containing perishables/live insects must be able to reach it's destination intact.

However, the methods used by fivedollarmworms are very common in this community and acceptable by many of us. I do recommend complying with all USDA and USPS regulations to avoid any criminal penalties.

Good luck and sorry with your bad experience with $5mw, I will still state they arrived to me alive, package intact, and I was very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom