Reliable retailers of Arcadia?

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Alex
I feel like the Zoo Med bulbs don't quite do it for my girl like the Arcadia bulbs I used with our old dragon and her until 6 months ago did. My LFS used to carry them and every time I try Petco etc... I end up with a 22in long 34w bulb instead of my 34in bulb lol

So just looking to see where people are getting them from. I'm happy to pay a little higher price for piece of mind on shipping and customer service.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I feel like the Zoo Med bulbs don't quite do it for my girl like the Arcadia bulbs I used with our old dragon and her until 6 months ago did. My LFS used to carry them and every time I try Petco etc... I end up with a 22in long 34w bulb instead of my 34in bulb lol

So just looking to see where people are getting them from. I'm happy to pay a little higher price for piece of mind on shipping and customer service.
Pet Smart is selling them but you can also go on line
www.pangeareptiles.com

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Talk to Todd over at www.LightyourReptiles.com His number is on the website if you'd like to chat or he is also very helpful via email. He is one of the two authorized distributers in the US for Arcadia. Yeah Arcadia is "next level" in my opinion. Getting easier each year to find their stuff here in the states.
I get all of my Arcadia gear from LYR as well. Everything I've ordered is well packaged and high quality.

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Talk to Todd over at www.LightyourReptiles.com His number is on the website if you'd like to chat or he is also very helpful via email. He is one of the two authorized distributers in the US for Arcadia. Yeah Arcadia is "next level" in my opinion. Getting easier each year to find their stuff here in the states.
Talking to Todd now. He can get my bulb, but after checking pictures has an in stock recommendation to actually use my setup as is without having to adjust anything back up for the stronger original light :)

Just verifying a couple things but I'm pretty sure I'm doing a basking light fixture and bulb upgrade too :)

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
Nice. I'm glad he was able to help you out.. I try to support him when I can. You don't get that kind of help at Petsmart and we need more folks like him in the hobby. He's not in it to make a quick buck from you...

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Indeed, exactly what I was looking for :) Thanks

Ordered a new basking light bulb for now. Might do the upgrade next time I need the bulb. I want a new reflector / dome anyway.

I don't mind cheaping out on lights for the fish lol If I accidentally kill a colony, I have more looking to fill that tank with anyway lol

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
I get all of my Arcadia gear from LYR as well. Everything I've ordered is well packaged and high quality.
Holy packaging lol I'm not sure I've ever received a packages from myself before lol.Thats someone that has clearly done some UPS claims in the past and learned quick lol It was packaged so meticulously I feel bad not ordering at least 4 bulbs which I'm sure he could easily and safely fit in the same box with slightly less packing lol

Should have taken a pic, it was impressive. That deserves an unboxing video good lol

But, put the new lights in last night. The Arcadia spot bulb dwarves the whatever I had before (ZooMed IIRC) The UV-B is a softer industrial medical bright white (best I can say, surgical room but less intense) Which just further shows I need to get her a new background picture still lol Man does it just look medical in there now lol

Tank is all warmed up for the day. Holy cow, gonna need to adjust her basking light a little. Her rock has a surface temp of 138 f.. Dang That's almost 20 f difference.

Last edited:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lol, yeah like I said, arrives well packaged. Did you get any of the cool cardboard L brackets around the tube lights? I'm glad the new lights are in and working. They do have a cool (but bright) tone to them. I tend to offset that with a warmer tone incandescent basking bulb.

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Lol, yeah like I said, arrives well packaged. Did you get any of the cool cardboard L brackets around the tube lights? I'm glad the new lights are in and working. They do have a cool (but bright) tone to them. I tend to offset that with a warmer tone incandescent basking bulb.
Yep lol

"Ooooh structural cardboard" and a roll of cardboard that will make a nice liner next time I pull up her tiles lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom