Any beardies out there still brumating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
This is my first beardie and she went down in Oct and still sleeping. It seems like most beardies are waking up now. Wish my girl would wake up, I miss her.

Dementeddogz

Hatchling Member
Mine usually start right around the end of the year. This is their first year in their new building, new temps and lots of windows we have some coming out the past few days, slowly but theyre waking up. The one im really waiting on is taking her sweet time.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I did set her lights back to 6am to 7pm this last week, she is still kind of sleeping, but was up this afternoon for a little while. She does have her eyes open but just not moving to much unless I take her out and put her under her basking light or take her out to play. I heard that some beardies can brumate for 6 months?

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
She hasn't lost any weight, but how do you wake them up and keep them up? Do I take her hide out so she can't hide? This is my first beardie so I am not sure on the brumation thing. She is around 17" long, not sure on weight, but not skinny at all. She does seen like she has grown a little being down if that makes since. I just upped her lights to 13 hours a day now, was at 8. Anything I need to do to wake her up and keep her up. Hard since I am gone 12 hours a day 4 days a week. She always has her bright colors on, never stressed while being down. I could take her to the vet, but not sure what they could do besides look at her. We couldn't do a fecal because of no poop. I do plan on taking her in once she starts eating and does poop. I have a very good vet here in town that I took her to the first time.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Everything is fine on the lighting. I turned her hide around so she couldn't hide in it, and left her lights on, with a bowl of greens, came home as the lights were going off, and she is still in her binkie with her head out giving me the stink eye. I picked her up and she crawled around on me and hid in my hoodie to sleep. And no I don't think she has lost any weight, she still looks like the same weight to me.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
some pics of Miss Booger this week when she was awake.
Picture151.jpg

Picture165.jpg

Picture174.jpg

Picture173.jpg

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
She doesn't look like she has any fat stores in her head. Beardies store fat in the crests of their heads and the base of the tail, it is hard to tell from those pics, an overhead shot would be easier. They use up their fat stores before their ribs start to show or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshG88
Top Bottom