Angie, Loki, Laura & Dozer (new pics 03/29/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to introduce everyone to our new girl. She is on her way now from Denver, CO. Here's the tracking # if anyone wants to follow her flight: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_US&Requester=NOT&tracknum=1Z6ET1020195023418&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes We have chosen the name Angeline (Angie for short) which means "messenger of God." I will post some new pictures tomorrow but these are the ones we have so far. She is part leatherback.

Here she is when Laszlo brought her home from the pet store on Feb 17th, 2012.
IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

Here she is eating a small dubia roach.

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Glad you enjoy hearing all her antics. :lol: I just brought her in, she was riding the lawn tractor with my husband, she loves that. Now she is content and is in bed.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Happy Mother's Day Diane. I hope you have a wonderful day. We are running the heat today as its snowing badly here right now through tomorrow.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes. :p The weather was beautiful here for a change, actually was close to 80 and sunny. Yesterday we had rain, heavy winds, and thunderstorms with the rest of the day being overcast so today was a real treat.

We spent most of the morning outside cleaning things up and organizing the deck as well as some upkeep on the water garden. Angie had to "help" of course. Spent all afternoon with my parents, my mom is recovering very nicely (at 81 yrs) from her total shoulder replacement.

After I got home, we had barbecued steak, mashed potatoes, etc so certainly made good use of this nice day.

Hope you all had an awesome day yourselves. :wink:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hope everyone has a very nice Memorial Day. It's supposed to be in the low 80's tomorrow which will be the warmest yet so we are looking forward to that. I'm sure Angie will even want to supervise our barbecuing lol.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sure she will, Diane, so how about some pictures of her supervising? And Loki, too, please. It's been awhile!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Hope you have a wonderful memorial day. Its finally stopped raining here so mine can get outside later.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
There was an accident across from our house early Sunday morning, a man in a jeep either fell asleep or was going too fast around this corner. He hit a telephone head-on which actually broke a big piece off of the pole and his jeep tipped on its side. On the news they said he was treated at the scene but ended up going to a local hospital by ambulance, evidently he wasn't in bad shape or he would have been taken to a larger hospital or air lifted. Guess he was VERY lucky.

Anyway, there was a big commotion outside with fireman, State Trooper, etc after the man was taken to the hospital and the vehicle removed. I took Angie out & she was in her glory with the flashing lights, the flares, people walking all over. Verizon had to come to remove the guide wires from the pole and put a new one in. Never realized what a process that was! There were 3 Verizon trucks and one had a bucket & one a large claw crane. Angie sat happily on my leg for about an hr in awe watching the man in the bucket going up & down, using a powerful drill and sledge hammer to get the old cable off and then watching the claw crane with the other eye. She had a lot to process at one time and was totally absorbing it all. :lol: After a while, she climbed off my pant leg & sat on the grass watching everything and at one point, I stroked her beard and she immediately picked up her front leg and tapped my fingers as if to say "don't bother me, I'm busy watching them, this is serious business." :mrgreen: She stayed on the grass totally concentrating on what they were doing for about another hour, we were totally amazed. The more activity & the more noise they made, the better she liked it. After they had set up the new pole and removed the other one, she knew they were just about done and ran (with her leash on) as fast as she could across the lawn & toward the house, it was past her afternoon nap time. :laughhard: She slept heavily for about 3 hrs.

This morning I took her outside and she kept looking across the street hoping for some activity and it was VERY obvious that she was bored. Just look at this disgusted face from this morning as there was no entertainment for her. :lol:

How dare I put a flower on her head. :protest:

Look at those unhappy eyes.

So, can you tell the difference from when she's happy like in the pictures below and when she's UNhappy like in the ones above? I think she looks like a different beardie actually. :roll:

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Angie is such a tomboy,lol!! :lol:
In the first pictures I can see how disappointed she was that there was no entertainment for her today. She looks much happier in the 2nd set of pictures :D
She is such a character! <3

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Guess she IS a tomboy, never thought of her shenanigans that way. Yes, she surely is a character but sometimes that isn't the word I use for her. :lol:

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Wow! She is quite the character. There is a big difference between her being happy and sad. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom