Angie, Loki, Laura & Dozer (new pics 03/29/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to introduce everyone to our new girl. She is on her way now from Denver, CO. Here's the tracking # if anyone wants to follow her flight: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_US&Requester=NOT&tracknum=1Z6ET1020195023418&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes We have chosen the name Angeline (Angie for short) which means "messenger of God." I will post some new pictures tomorrow but these are the ones we have so far. She is part leatherback.

Here she is when Laszlo brought her home from the pet store on Feb 17th, 2012.
IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

Here she is eating a small dubia roach.

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
We have to try to be one step ahead of her thinking all the time and that isn't easy. :roll: BUT, she sure is fun.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I think she's so unique, love to hear stories about her. And yes, you'll need to be careful come spring, but then Loki could be like my boys, bob from a distance, but put a female in front of them and they have no clue what to do, seriously. I put Puff in front of Rubio, he looked the other way, :roll: did the same with Gabriel and she just licked his nose :lol: It was hilarious, mind you she was in my hand each time, wouldn't think of putting her down with all the bobbing & slow bobbing that's been going on :lol:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Too funny Deb, can just picture it, they're very macho from a distance but not sure what to think when the female gets closer, not right now anyway.

A month or so ago, I held Angie up to his tank and he started head bobbing, foot stomping and glass dancing. Now since winter has really hit, he just watches HER act like an ***** with her glass dancing trying to get to him. :mrgreen: Gotta luv em..........

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Angie is too funny! I can't believe how she refused to look in the direction of where HER tree used to be, then waking up in the morning hoping that the tree being gone was nothing but a bad dream. :laughing6:

I love the photo of Loki and Angie holding hands! And they both have their happy colors on! :love5:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Believe me, I wasn't exaggerating either. It was very obvious that she had a hard time looking in that direction knowing that it wouldn't be there. She found out her dream was a reality though. :shock:

You're right, they both did have their happy colors on. :)

I have recent weights & measurements on them too.

Angie 579 grams, 21 1/2" long. Her tail seems to be unusually long.

Loki 650 grams, 18" long although he is missing about 2" from his tail.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What are their measurements snout to vent? Sometimes with either really long tails or like Loki with a tail nip, having their snout to vent lengths puts their weight into perspective.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Didn't get the snout to vent measurements. He is definitely a stocky boy, not being fed much right now but not very active either. Hopefully he'll slim down a little as the weather starts improving IF it ever does. :roll:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yes, they are. Would feel better if he lost a little though. Misty was very big and since she passed, it makes me more nervous. I still think she had an egg break inside of her though. :( Guess I will never know for sure.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It wouldn't surprise me about the egg breaking inside of Misty, that's how my friend Sabrina lost her Miley, the egg broke and destroyed her liver. And it was also very sudden.

I know what you mean about Loki, but since spring will be here soon (I hope!) he might just get a bit more energetic. That's the problem with some dragons, they love their food but not necessarily their exercise :mrgreen:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Deb, that makes total sense. Sure happened quickly.

He only gets 2 supers a day and usually eats a few of his greens, so not getting much.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's like when we go on a diet (at least for me) to lose weight & don't eat enough, our bodies go into starvation mode. So with him being in "winter mode" he probably doesn't need for than 10 supers a week, if that, just to make sure he gets some protein, so should probably be eating more greens, too. It's hard to tell. Look at Gabriel, he's lost 60 grams, even though I feed him tons of dubia a week & greens, too. He's just SO active, he just never stops. The rest are maintaining their weights, which is a good thing, because they're hardly eating anything. Puff and Lonzo have a bad habit of spitting out whatever they've chomped, right back at me, yuck. :lol:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
You may be right, cutting them back just a little might be a good idea.

Yes, Gabriel is very active & burns it off. Angie burns hers off too. Good that the others are holding their weights.

Yuck to Puff & Lonzo spitting out their food at you. :puke: :mrgreen:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
sweetiepie9":1qslti54 said:
Puff and Lonzo have a bad habit of spitting out whatever they've chomped, right back at me, yuck. :lol:
Pookie does that with butters! He will happily take it from me, but as soon as the worm touches the inside of his mouth, he'd immediately spit it out and will continue to lip his licks in disgust and bob at me.

I'm sure that once the coldness goes away, Loki will be more active and will start slimming down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom