Adventures of (: *UPDATE - help? - pictures!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thread about my two favorite little Beardie, Fiz :D And his brother KD
"Your hand is nice and cozy... I think I like you!"
FizInMyHand.jpg

He's giving me the stinkeye "Get that camera out of my face before I eat it AND you"
Fiz.jpg

He's such a sweetheart! I love him a lot & I love Bearded Dragons now!

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Quick update:

I got Fiz to drink. Just as i guessed Fiz wouldnt lick anything off of his lips. So i gently pulled down his lower lip just a little, and put a drop of water between his lips and then closed them. A second later he would swallow and lick his lips. It worked well, and i didnt hurt him at all. I also gave KD some water by doing the same thing with his lips. I'll give them water ina little bit. I may even give Fiz a couple drops of oil now that i know how to give them water via syringe.

Thanks guys

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Haha they seem to appriciate the syringe. Fiz didnt mind when i gave him the water. KD likes everything so im sure he too enjoyed it. Now i have to wait and see if this will get him to go to the bathroom. He hasnt gone today and im still worried. Oh Fiz, you drive me insane but i love you!!

Shiva

Hatchling Member
i might have to try the syringe ....i usually give them a good soak and they usually do not drink. sometimes they do
my guys are about the same size as Fiz and they do not always poop everyday...but eat really well
as long as they eat well I dont worry...but i am not a bd expert...i have had iguanas snakes geckos ...worked at the vets for 5 years as a vet tech-people hospital before that in operating room
also i agree with Julie...leave the tail alone after a few days of neosporin and it will heal, just takes time. keep it clean and dry...too much moisture will harbor bacteria

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah the syringe worked awesome! I never had any experience with reptiles before i got my two. I was really scared about working with a syringe because i thought you had to stick it in their mouths. But all i did was pull down the lower lip a little, stick the tip in a little, put in a drop or two, and close the lip. Both my guys just swallow after that and lick their lips. It was easier than i thought.

Yes i rinsed off Fiz's tail yesterday (he ran around in his salad and got himself dirty) and i didnt reapply any neosporin. Hopefully we'll see a little more progress with the healing.

At this point i wish the tip would die and fall off so we could start over like before. I dont want Fiz to have to go through that and end up with a shorter nub, but im just having so many issues with his tail.

Still no poop from Fiz. KD did this morning, and Fiz is just like "oh i dont want to" he hasnt lost his appetite, though. He ate him crickets today so he hasnt lost him appetite or anything. Im going to use the syringe to give him a drop or two of oil to help him go.

jewl495

Juvie Member
Yay I'm glad the syringe worked for you. I try to give my little guy oral fluids everyday but I have issues with hard urates!

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Julie, i remember reading about the hard urates you have trouble with. Maybe your little one is just trying to drive you crazy like my two! Haahhaahah.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sorry for the overly constant updates/questions, but a pretty big brown scab just came off of Fiz's tail when i picked him up. Should i put some Neosporin on it or should i just rinse it off and leave it alone?

Im not sure if its healthy skin underneath because the scab was on the underside of his tail and the part that was scabbed is the same whitish coloras the rest of his tail. Im pretty sure its just like the top part where the scales came off.

What should i do? :( i dont know if i accidentally made it come off or if Fiz did it.

Oh yeah and KD got into Fiz's side of the tank two and a half times today (the first time i caught him dangling in the middle on the side of the divider. So i had to reinforce it with nearly all of my duct tape. It is all but airtight in there, thats how solid this divider is now! Im ready to just flip out on KD! I still love him but his adventurous personality can be a tad annoying...

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well Fiz pooped this morning. It was really runny like diarrhea but he still went :) the runniness may have been because i gave him a lot of water the past two days. He seemed a lot more perky this morning too. So thats good.

Now all we have to do is resolve his tail issues. :D

Well this morning i was playing with KD when he decided to poop on my shoulder..

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
You have been annointed a beardie knight by kd lol.
Yay that he pooped! I agree the excess liquid is probably from being really well hydrated.
How's the tail looking today?

Kalyn

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hahah :D

His tail looks about the same except a big brown scab came off on the underside of his tail. The tip is a little more stiff than before. It can hardly flex at all. His nub has always been a little on the stiff side, but never this stiff. The end is more like a callous. Rough and hard and uneven. Its so weird. I just want it to heal. Scales stopped coming off his tail tip, and im taking that as a positive thing. :)

Oh yeah and i finally got some multivitamins. It always slipped my mind to buy it for them when i went to the pet store. They had their first dusting today. Their new dusting schedule is multivitamin on weekends and calcium on weekdays. I got the Repcal stuff. I have both Repcal calcium powder and Repcal multivitamin powder.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have good news and bad news.

I'll start on a brighter note with the good news. The good news is that i am most likely going to take Fiz (and hopefully KD) to the vet this week! The vet is closed today but first thing tomorrow my mom is going to call to schedule an appointment! With the visit, im hoping to get them checked up on, hopefully a fecal done to get them treated for parasites, and to see if they can do anything for Fizzy's tail.

The bad news is that its beginning to look as if Fiz's tail tip is going to fall off. Again! From what i remembered when i first got him, the tail looked normal but mangled of course, then it got darker, stiffer, and hard, then there was a noticible difference on the border of the healthy tail and the dying tip where it sort of puckered, and then eventually it dried out and fell off. So far, were at the puckering part. Im pr
etty sure it is going to fall off but i dont really know.

Anyway, i gotta go give the buddies their dinner!

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi guyz, dis iz Fiz!

I got out of my tank 2 come an c yoo guyz. 2day i went poo and it wuz solid an my urates wer soft. Yay! my buddy made me sum cricketz covered in diz white powder. They were good. Anywayz KD haz been botherin me all morning. He wuz bangin into da big cardbord thingy and tryin to brake thru the glass. I fink he saw those cricketz. Yumyumyum! Anywayz i fink i hear my buddy comin. See yooz later!

Luv,

Fiz.

Navi

Hey, earlier you were commenting about KD being so much bigger than Fiz, a possible reason could be that KD is a male, while Fiz could be a female. Males tend to grow larger than females, but that's not always the case. Have you tried sexing them yet? It could be a bit early, but it's worth a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom