A GOLDMINE FOR BUYING LIZARDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber31190

Hatchling Member
to OP, sorry i started this, but guess alot of people tha keep beardies dont't worry about the bans and laws, mainly snake owners. acutally most beardie owners i've met at expos are helped at petsamat, are non-other reptile keepers and kids that will probely kill there dragon in 3 months. I have seen beardies owners at expos freak out when the go past snakes. lol even though they are at a REPTILE expo, not knocking only beardie keepers but yea, people wil never understand, should we open up another argument on people keeping venomous snakes, lol more hate mail on that instead of gators , i'll bet but yea, mabye mods, should shut this down, cause it is a shame reptile people can't unite cause when i get old, im sure my right to keep snakes will be destroyed by the HSUS

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Amber31190":24krajcd said:
to OP, sorry i started this, but guess alot of people tha keep beardies dont't worry about the bans and laws, mainly snake owners. acutally most beardie owners i've met at expos are helped at petsamat, are non-other reptile keepers and kids that will probely kill there dragon in 3 months. I have seen beardies owners at expos freak out when the go past snakes. lol even though they are at a REPTILE expo, not knocking only beardie keepers but yea, people wil never understand, should we open up another argument on people keeping venomous snakes, lol more hate mail on that instead of gators , i'll bet but yea, mabye mods, should shut this down, cause it is a shame reptile people can't unite cause when i get old, im sure my right to keep snakes will be destroyed by the HSUS

Its called a "bubble of protection"
many keep only one species, and never plan to delve into any other facet of the reptile industry. And due to this they have blinders on for anything that does not pertain to their animal of choice (in this case a bearded dragon). Then they find out people have the gal to own an animal like a gator/croc/conda/retic/whatever else and think that those people are crazy and shouldnt own it. Not knowing that that line of thinking is exactly what the government is using to take away our rights to own animals like this (currently legislation is after big constrictors and lord knows where that will go once it finally passes). In all honesty, I agree with you on the statement about dragon owners, most are not reptile people. They may play the part but once they step out of the comfort zone of their small dragon and get introduced to large monitors or large snakes they freak and retreat to their corners.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Now now kids relax *it's a joke I know most of ya'll aren't kids...tho maybe acting like such*

I have to agree, people IMHO are BEGGING to either get injured\killed or asking that someone else gets injured or killed if they keep a gator or croc. I don't feel anyone outside of a zoo should have them. I know it's not politically correct but I cheer when I see the news that a large animal (croc gator lion etc) has gotten its owner, serves him\her right.

I'm absolutely with you beardie parents, PC is BS. Yea I do say things that isn't considered "socially polite" and I couldn't care less. I've been called racist, sexist, and numerous other things, and I don't really care because it's MY opinion and if others don't like it there's the door don't let it hit you in the rear. Last I looked (and this changes more every day) I still lived in the USA and had freedom of speech (tho seems more like Russia by the day). People whine cause I smoke, don't like it? get outta my area then. My ancestors smoked (yes native americans smoked) and I see no reason to change to keep others from whining like babies.

Amber31190

Hatchling Member
sypder is correct, and Lacy, no offence taken, i see people getting into trouble over stupid stuff and laugh, too, and thats were it ends, if it gonna happen its gonna happen, and when it does its no ones fault except the owner of the animal, so yea i agree but hey i'd rather get hit by a 5 foot gator than a 12. so there it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom