3 Year Old Weird Substance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
hunter94":36ddimrp said:
Yea, I used that site but the veggies I got her she won't eat so I think I'm just going to have to go to the store and buy a bag of salad mix. She also is in Paper Towels for the time being, much much better then the crushed walnut shells. Also should I leave water in the tank cause I'm afraid its going to cause to much humidity she already scared me she kept gapping her mouth like she was having trouble breathing but then I noticed the crickets were making noise under her cage so I moved the crickets and she stopped doing it.

You just have to try different ones. Mine don't like collards much either. The leaves are thick and fibrous. Turnip greens are smaller and more tender, and so are mustards. Of the dozens of choices, you'll eventually find something she likes. I like to shred yellow squash and zucchini to make it look like worms. My dragons go after it faster than they do if it's just chopped into pieces.

The lettuce can dehydrate her by giving her diarrhea, which was the original problem, right? And the salad mix might contain spinach, which as you can see from the Beautiful Dragons site, is questionable to give them ever.

One bowl of water probably wouldn't raise the humidity too much, but it's really not necessary, either. So, if it concerns you, go ahead and take it out. Give her a bath once a week to keep her hydrated.

hunter94

Original Poster
Nasubi77":3b43rg60 said:
hunter94":3b43rg60 said:
Yea, I used that site but the veggies I got her she won't eat so I think I'm just going to have to go to the store and buy a bag of salad mix. She also is in Paper Towels for the time being, much much better then the crushed walnut shells. Also should I leave water in the tank cause I'm afraid its going to cause to much humidity she already scared me she kept gapping her mouth like she was having trouble breathing but then I noticed the crickets were making noise under her cage so I moved the crickets and she stopped doing it.

You just have to try different ones. Mine don't like collards much either. The leaves are thick and fibrous. Turnip greens are smaller and more tender, and so are mustards. Of the dozens of choices, you'll eventually find something she likes. I like to shred yellow squash and zucchini to make it look like worms. My dragons go after it faster than they do if it's just chopped into pieces.

The lettuce can dehydrate her by giving her diarrhea, which was the original problem, right? And the salad mix might contain spinach, which as you can see from the Beautiful Dragons site, is questionable to give them ever.

One bowl of water probably wouldn't raise the humidity too much, but it's really not necessary, either. So, if it concerns you, go ahead and take it out. Give her a bath once a week to keep her hydrated.
Yea, their was lettuce in their and her last couple poops weren't so bad so I think that would be a good idea not to give it to her. I guess I'll have to find some Mustard Greens or Turnip Greens. Also since its summer I have the time to give her a bath every day would this be okay?

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
hunter94":sy4jw8k1 said:
Yea, their was lettuce in their and her last couple poops weren't so bad so I think that would be a good idea not to give it to her. I guess I'll have to find some Mustard Greens or Turnip Greens. Also since its summer I have the time to give her a bath every day would this be okay?

If she enjoys it, sure. Since you have time on your hands, you could make her an outdoor playpen with a kiddie pool for her to splash around in. Always under close supervision of course. I've seen some pretty elaborate outdoor setups and always wished I had the time to deal with something like that.
Always under close supervision of course.

hunter94

Original Poster
Nasubi77":3n03kall said:
hunter94":3n03kall said:

If she enjoys it, sure. Since you have time on your hands, you could make her an outdoor playpen with a kiddie pool for her to splash around in. Always under close supervision of course. I've seen some pretty elaborate outdoor setups and always wished I had the time to deal with something like that.
Always under close supervision of course.
Yea, she loves the baths she falls asleep in it and I put a little rock she can climb up on so she feels safe. But yea, she likes it. I'll end up making a out door type thing when it starts to get nicer out were I live. By the way any idea on how to make crickets shut up. >.>

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
hunter94":1mpp6bxu said:
Yea, she loves the baths she falls asleep in it and I put a little rock she can climb up on so she feels safe. But yea, she likes it. I'll end up making a out door type thing when it starts to get nicer out were I live. By the way any idea on how to make crickets shut up. >.>

Lol, you can't. Look into Dubias or superworms.

hunter94

Original Poster
Nasubi77":1qne6ls7 said:
hunter94":1qne6ls7 said:

Lol, you can't. Look into Dubias or superworms.
Can you feed Superworms as a Staple?

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
hunter94":21ughokl said:

Usually, yes. I would try her on 5-10 at first to make sure she can digest them, but most adult dragons have no problems with them. They are a little higher in fat than the most healthy feeders, but still make a good staple. Of course, she would need fewer of them than crickets because they are bigger and meatier. Might want to grab a tub of silkies or hornworms or phoenix worms to supplement the supers once in a while.

hunter94

Original Poster
Nasubi77":e254vwq8 said:
hunter94":e254vwq8 said:

Usually, yes. I would try her on 5-10 at first to make sure she can digest them, but most adult dragons have no problems with them. They are a little higher in fat than the most healthy feeders, but still make a good staple. Of course, she would need fewer of them than crickets because they are bigger and meatier. Might want to grab a tub of silkies or hornworms or phoenix worms to supplement the supers once in a while.
Alright, I'll look into it thank you for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom