Leo’s stool issues - update

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Leo’s been having some bowel issues, his stool has been fluctuating between diarrhea and healthy stool. This was his stool today. I’d like to make sure it looks okay since last time he pooped (3 days ago, his bowel movements have slowed down drastically) it was the worst I’ve ever seen it. Here are some pics:

Then:
1696348434467.jpeg

Vs.

Now:
1696348463045.jpeg

My main concern is the urate. It looks pretty off. What do you think? Edit: Im currently looking for probiotic supplements for him as well in hopes that that helps.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Looking a little better but still not solid and to mushy for what I'm used to. I can only compare to Luis' (my dragon) poop tho and his has more substance und looks like a small sausage (or two) with the urate at the end.
Why do you think the urate is off? Because of the slight tint?
Did you end up ditching the supers?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Looking a little better but still not solid and to mushy for what I'm used to. I can only compare to Luis' (my dragon) poop tho and his has more substance und looks like a small sausage (or two) with the urate at the end.
Why do you think the urate is off? Because of the slight tint?
Did you end up ditching the supers?
Hi, thanks for replying!

I noticed the consistency was a bit off when I cleaned it off but it wasn’t as bad as it was a bit ago.

It might be hard to see but I’m the tip has some sort of yellow material that isn’t like a regular urate, I doubt it could be over supplementation though… he only gets calcium 5x a week.

I haven’t ditched supers but I only feed him 1-2 and wait until he pops before giving him some more (he poos every 2-3 days).

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Found some pics from Luises poop. The urate doesn't show to well here but I'm travelling right now and can't get recent pics.
IMG_20230827_112159.jpg
IMG_20230827_112209.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The liquid is just extra water from being well hydrated most likely. How is the smell? If it's broken nose bad it could be a parasite issue, if the smell is normal then likely just from good hydration.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
The liquid is just extra water from being well hydrated most likely. How is the smell? If it's broken nose bad it could be a parasite issue, if the smell is normal then likely just from good hydration.
Smelt much better than any poo I’ve seen him pass- must have been watered down by those salads, haha 😂 funny thing is nothing in his salads is super watery and he doesn’t get a mountain of salad everyday… maybe he just has a low water tolerance?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Beardies are REALLY good at processing water, they actually process their food twice and extract nearly 100% of the water from it. I guess it is necessary if you live in the deserts 🏜 of Australia 🇦🇺 🤔 😉

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Beardies are REALLY good at processing water, they actually process their food twice and extract nearly 100% of the water from it. I guess it is necessary if you live in the deserts 🏜 of Australia 🇦🇺 🤔 😉
Haha- sounds about right!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom