Red in poop

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
So I just bathed my three-year-old bearded dragon and not surprisingly he did poop. At first, it was smelly but the smell died down. I noticed some red between his urate and poop. So I searched why there is red in my bearded dragon's poop and it said that it is blood. However, it doesn't look like liquid. Should I be concerned? Advice would be very appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3541.jpeg
    IMG_3541.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3542.jpeg
    IMG_3542.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 49

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
So I just bathed my three-year-old bearded dragon and not surprisingly he did poop. At first, it was smelly but the smell died down. I noticed some red between his urate and poop. So I searched why there is red in my bearded dragon's poop and it said that it is blood. However, it doesn't look like liquid. Should I be concerned? Advice would be very appreciated.
Honestly, I don’t think that’s an issue. It looks like the section where the stool connects to the urate so it is going to look a bit brown, overall a very healthy poop. If he ate anything red, orange or pink recently that can cause discolouration. Also the orange cricket diet.

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Honestly, I don’t think that’s an issue. It looks like the section where the stool connects to the urate so it is going to look a bit brown, overall a very healthy poop. If he ate anything red, orange or pink recently that can cause discolouration. Also the orange cricket diet.
Thanks for the early reply. The thing is today he hasn't eaten anything, yet. And I don't feed him crickets instead I give him roaches.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Thanks for the early reply. The thing is today he hasn't eaten anything, yet. And I don't feed him crickets instead I give him roaches.
Ah, well, I’d keep an eye on it. There’s only so much I can tell you, I’m certainly no vet! But I hope he’s alright ☺️

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
I agree with J4ckdaw. Keep an eye on it and if the red/orange part becomes larger, I'd try cutting back some of his supplements as it could be excess calcium being passed. But looks perfect so far :)

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
it could also be from what you are feeding your dragon, what you are feeding your feeder insects, and as mentioned by Chris, what type of supplementation you are using.

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
it could also be from what you are feeding your dragon, what you are feeding your feeder insects, and as mentioned by Chris, what type of supplementation you are using.
I feed his roaches carrots, roach pellets and aquaload insect hydration. I give him calcium and superfood supplements from pisces. Thanks

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
I agree with J4ckdaw. Keep an eye on it and if the red/orange part becomes larger, I'd try cutting back some of his supplements as it could be excess calcium being passed. But looks perfect so far :)
Thanks a lot 👍

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
I feed his roaches carrots, roach pellets and aquaload insect hydration. I give him calcium and superfood supplements from pisces. Thanks
Ahhhh.... out of that list, i would lean toward what you are feeding the roaches. But that is just a guest at best and I'm sure others will chime in at some point. If it were Sir Henry, I wouldn't be worried if I saw that.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I agree with Hdochow, maybe change the roaches diet and see if it clears up.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom