3 Year Old Weird Substance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
That looks like your dragon has diarihia.
Urate is basicly reptile/bird pee. It comes out almost solid but not quite. It is a white color.

hunter94

Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":12veeqn9 said:
That looks like your dragon has diarihia.
Urate is basicly reptile/bird pee. It comes out almost solid but not quite. It is a white color.
Is Diarrhea a problem? I just got her yesterday and she changed homes from a place she lived for 3 years and she is probably stressed. So if its a problem and if you have any idea to prevent it please tell me. I also changed her lighting they had her using a Red 75 Watt bulb for Basking so I changed it to a nice Full-Spectrum Neodymium 100 Watt bulb and she seems to like it allot more.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
do you have a basking light and a UVB light? Do you dust her feeders? How often is she fed?
Diarrhea--once isn't bad, guess it could be stress if it continues take the poop in for a fecal test to rule out parasites.
Need to know temps of cage too?
what is on the bottom of her cage (sand, tile, papertowels, repticarpet?)

hunter94

Original Poster
munchkins9802":r4ughoc3 said:
do you have a basking light and a UVB light? Do you dust her feeders? How often is she fed?
Diarrhea--once isn't bad, guess it could be stress if it continues take the poop in for a fecal test to rule out parasites.
Need to know temps of cage too?
what is on the bottom of her cage (sand, tile, papertowels, repticarpet?)
Yea, she has both UVB and Basking she has Crushed Walnut I know its bad I have to wait to be able to afford reptile carpet. The temps of her cage at the hot spot is around 88 on the side of the glass window so probably 100-105 directly under the light I just bought a Thermometer with a probe so I will know soon. I have to wait for it to be shipped here. Yes, I put calcium spray on her foods each time she ate and then 1 time I put some of the Calcium Powder with D3. Says on the container only 2-3 times a week.

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
hunter94":wk91xbwc said:
she has Crushed Walnut I know its bad I have to wait to be able to afford reptile carpet. .

For now you could just use paper towels. You might want to consider tiles. Tiles are great. You only have to buy them once. They are super easy to clean and disinfect. They come in a lot of colors and styles so you can customize your look. They also help keep beardie's nails filed down. And they're cheaper than a piece of reptile carpet.

hunter94

Original Poster
Nasubi77":19qvvpnr said:
hunter94":19qvvpnr said:
she has Crushed Walnut I know its bad I have to wait to be able to afford reptile carpet. .

For now you could just use paper towels. You might want to consider tiles. Tiles are great. You only have to buy them once. They are super easy to clean and disinfect. They come in a lot of colors and styles so you can customize your look. They also help keep beardie's nails filed down. And they're cheaper than a piece of reptile carpet.
Yea, true but I don't wan't to stress her out more she seems to be doing fine in the bedding but I'm defiantly going to change it some time soon though.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Please change the walnut shells to the paper towels, that change shouldnt stress her all that much.(and would you prefer a stressed beardie or one that may become ill while on walnut shells?
or for $5-* you can get a roll of NONADHESIVE SHELF LINER From Depot and be good for awhile. Tom says he gets 6 months before he has to change the liner but MUST BE NON ADHESIVE (and that is a decent prict)
The calcium spray is ONLY good if she eats the stuff it is on.
If she is under 1 year she NEEDS calcium 5x a week and vitamins 2x/week. As an adult (over 1 year) then they can go to 2-3x/week with calcium powder.

how r u taking the temps ?

hunter94

Original Poster
munchkins9802":2ut0mc19 said:
Please change the walnut shells to the paper towels, that change shouldnt stress her all that much.(and would you prefer a stressed beardie or one that may become ill while on walnut shells?
or for $5-* you can get a roll of NONADHESIVE SHELF LINER From Depot and be good for awhile. Tom says he gets 6 months before he has to change the liner but MUST BE NON ADHESIVE (and that is a decent prict)
The calcium spray is ONLY good if she eats the stuff it is on.
If she is under 1 year she NEEDS calcium 5x a week and vitamins 2x/week. As an adult (over 1 year) then they can go to 2-3x/week with calcium powder.

how r u taking the temps ?
Alright, I'll get some paper towels and change the substrate to that later on I don't want to bug her anymore she just got a bath. I'll give her some more Calcium with D3 Today I barely gave her any yesterday.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
for the calcium,
with D3 if not using a MVB only need to dust the feeders 1 feeding a day. They shoudl be fed 2-3x a day as babis

hunter94

Original Poster
munchkins9802":ri5ubun1 said:
for the calcium,
with D3 if not using a MVB only need to dust the feeders 1 feeding a day. They shoudl be fed 2-3x a day as babis
She is an Adult. I fed her 5 this morning and then I just fed her 2 more and then I'll end it with 3 at night and I leave her veggies in there ofc. I just got her Collard Greens and Cactus Pad she hasn't been eating them though. I'll try and give her some Asparagus what do you guys feed your beardies?

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
hunter94":1rdedq2c said:
munchkins9802":1rdedq2c said:
She is an Adult. I fed her 5 this morning and then I just fed her 2 more and then I'll end it with 3 at night and I leave her veggies in there ofc. I just got her Collard Greens and Cactus Pad she hasn't been eating them though. I'll try and give her some Asparagus what do you guys feed your beardies?

Here is the website everyone uses to see which veggies they should or should not feed their dragons:
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html

When you feed her at night, be sure she has at least 2 hours to bask before lights out so that the food gets digested.

hunter94

Original Poster
Nasubi77":3i6mckx8 said:
hunter94":3i6mckx8 said:
munchkins9802":3i6mckx8 said:

Here is the website everyone uses to see which veggies they should or should not feed their dragons:
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html

When you feed her at night, be sure she has at least 2 hours to bask before lights out so that the food gets digested.
Yea, I used that site but the veggies I got her she won't eat so I think I'm just going to have to go to the store and buy a bag of salad mix. She also is in Paper Towels for the time being, much much better then the crushed walnut shells. Also should I leave water in the tank cause I'm afraid its going to cause to much humidity she already scared me she kept gapping her mouth like she was having trouble breathing but then I noticed the crickets were making noise under her cage so I moved the crickets and she stopped doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom