Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinelleKitten

Hatchling Member
Mama2mc":1qmstvg3 said:
Besides, a forum full of bad advice givers won't last long...all the beardies would die and there'd be no one left to give advice too. I've gotten very helpful advice from the people here.

LOL A forum full of bad advice givers makes me think of a room full of people running around bumping into each other not knowing what to do while their beardies exchange skeptical glances.

But you're right the people on here are Very knowledgeable. I've gotten good advice on how to take good care of my dragons. :)

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I was out of line to say that about the members on here and my dragons. I tryed rehomeing them on craigslist but couldn't do it. I have to much heart for them even in two months of time of owning and careing for them. Just to confirm i am not selling or rehoming them. I am going to do whatever i have to for them, believe they will get better and have faith. I am starting a new leaf with them getting them to the vet moving them to a less high traffic area in my house mainly away from my dogs that bark in the same room they are. I have seen the stress marks and took care of that i hope. Laura i wouldn't be hurt by this but understand and i thank you for everything you have done even for my homies and i can't let you take care of my respondsabitys. My homies thank you as well. I wanted them and will care for them. i will do my best for them and could use your help with them if not no hard feelings. I also been sticking around for my dragons my main reason but after reading these messages or post i don't feel welcome anymore but thats ok thats on me i deserve it. I will be on here to read about similar issues and when am done everybody gets what they want and am gone. I could really use some help at the moment with them but i can already see i am a vilain. My knowledge isn't key even with getting advice from pet stores. But mistakes will happen and theres going to plenty down the road. Everybody can think am a horrible person and post these remarks but my homies aren't dead could be if i let it but i won't. They are feed mustard greens and crickets thanks to you guys so i am not taking your advice hmm seems like it. But getting them to eat these things on there own is my mission and i was in the marine core so you can see am up for any mission ahead. So i thank everyone for there post advice and help was appreciated if you think so or not. Also i will say they are in good hands now with reptisun10 up there butts lol a joke.

bandit27

Hatchling Member
People only think bad of you because of the things you have said that are not nice.

I am sure that if you ask for advice they will help you, because by helping you, your guys will benefit too. If you do want the advice, you have to listen to what they are saying, not argue with them. If you don't want to be advised what to do, then do not post anything.

One of the first things you need to do is seperate them, keep them seperated, then they will start to fatten up and thrive. But remember to give them a bit of time to adjust to living on their own.

The mustard greens and crickets are great.
Goodluck

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That advice was taken and now seperated so there on there own but with me to help alone the way. Hopefully karma isn't what i think it is and the members forgive me and help if i feel they will. Thanks

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
You're forgiven by me... But just remember, if you feel like you are mad, and going to say something you might regret later... type it in Microsoft word, read it back, cool down, then type back on here when you aren't so mad... I hope they are enjoying the dubias. :D

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Great! I'll keep that in mind and they both eat four yesterday. I am working on the dubias getting bigger so it i'll be a start for a colony. Its cool how interested the dragons are with the dubias. Still amazed

lauraj1055":1nod8wyl said:
You're forgiven by me... But just remember, if you feel like you are mad, and going to say something you might regret later... type it in Microsoft word, read it back, cool down, then type back on here when you aren't so mad... I hope they are enjoying the dubias. :D

Spookle

Terminator7777":3vgerckt said:
That advice was taken and now seperated so there on there own but with me to help alone the way. Hopefully karma isn't what i think it is and the members forgive me and help if i feel they will. Thanks

I found with my baby she don't always like to eat at the same time so i try her a few times a day, if you have the time you could try this and see how it goes.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I offer food about a hour after lights go on. Mainly never touch crickets and eat a few greens so i wet the bottom of the tray and add the greens works well. I feed the mustard greens but were having issues with it turning nasty so i switched to turnip greens. Then a hour after that right before i leave for work i offer crickets again and eat a few not much tho. Then when i get home i check the greens always look the same. I try the dubias and they go nuts only eat a few for both of them cause they are a bit big. I try and offer crickets again and got one dragon to eat a bunch last nite. I usually save the bathing on the weekend cause i never do it cause work days lights are on less then three hours when i get home. So i never mist them when shedding and bathing during the nighttime for health issues. I just remember not to wet them right before there bedtime. Thanks spookle for the suggestion you think it would work for the weekend i always have plenty of time then. I work 12 hours a day during the week and live alone so i fit everything in with the time i have. I also have my girlfriend stop by during the week when shes off to text me photos and tell her to try a few things with them. Lol i just miss them when i am at work wish i could be there 24/7. But the texts always help

Jess

Extreme Poster
I think everyone here is willing to help you, as long as you are willing to listen. :wink:

If you are having trouble finding the time to feed them, here is an idea. Do they like Phoenix worms? You could put a ton of wormies in one of thoses special dishes that worms can't climb out of before you go to work, and just leave it in their cages the whole day. The worms won't be able to escape or harm your beardie.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Jess4921":xlcz8nuc said:
I think everyone here is willing to help you, as long as you are willing to listen. :wink:

If you are having trouble finding the time to feed them, here is an idea. Do they like Phoenix worms? You could put a ton of wormies in one of thoses special dishes that worms can't climb out of before you go to work, and just leave it in their cages the whole day. The worms won't be able to escape or harm your beardie.

I do that with the dubia too.. I have a small deli dish (actually the one Butters came in) and I put them in there, then put that in another glass bowl so she can't tip it over. It works really good.. Sometimes I find them hiding under the plastic bowl inside the glass bowl when I get home, but they rarely escape into her cage... :D

Spookle

lauraj1055":35l5y55o said:
Jess4921":35l5y55o said:

I do that with the dubia too.. I have a small deli dish (actually the one Butters came in) and I put them in there, then put that in another glass bowl so she can't tip it over. It works really good.. Sometimes I find them hiding under the plastic bowl inside the glass bowl when I get home, but they rarely escape into her cage... :D

i agree with the above posts too, just count how many you put in then you will know what they are having, i weigh and measure mine twice a week too because being with them all the time i don't notice them growing, as long as they are shedding you are on the right track, my baby is fussy on the times she is fed, lights go on at 8am and if i put her in her feeder tank and after an hour or so with lights on she will maybe eat 3-5 crickets, if i wait till 10-11am she will eat up to 23. you could try at the weekend with you having more time and see how you get on, its not nice seeing them not eatting much but keep with it and you will do fine, as long as they poop and are shedding you are on the right trck to healthy beardies :)

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My red phase dragon just got done shedding last week and this week the tail is starting and has discolored. I don't know if it is ok to be that soon with shedding. Phoenixworms would be a great idea all i would have to do is find a clean dish that is high enough. Phoenixworms.com has very great prices so tomorrow i will make a order for like 200 of them and no i haven't got my hands on these worms yet. They been doing plenty of pooping and shedding and not seeing them eat makes me not want to as well. My two soldiers will get in line. Just to update they both are getting better and makes me feel better as well. Thanks

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ocrage":boql1sb6 said:
is this guy serious? you went and housed them together again after people have been telling you not to for over a month? AND you keep on with the romaine lettuce? honestly, what is wrong with you? are you TRYING to kill/hurt/stress these dragons out?

im honestly so pissed off by you at this point its not even funny. paighpiahg :banghead: :angry5:

All i was trying to do is get them confortable and eat. I did honestly try different things that i shouldn't of. They are eating turnip greens and not housed together but the tanks are near one another but can't see one another. NO i am not trying to kill/stress/hurt them that is what i am trying to avoid. I don't appreciate your unsenitive remarks do i deserve them YES but don't need to keep hearing them from you and others.

Jess

Extreme Poster
@Terminator: As long as the Phoenix worms aren't wet (So don't wash them to get the substrate off!) they can't climb anything, so you don't need a very high dish. They sell special worm dishes at Petco for, like, $2 that no worms can escape out of too!

You might want to order more than 200 though! They aren't very big, so you're beardies will end up eating a lot of them.

@Ocrage: The OP apologize and said he was trying to help his beardies, so that was rather unnecessary and I highly doubt it helped the situation. :roll:

BTW... I wish people wouldn't post something, and then go back and delete everything when they change their mind about it. Maybe it is better to think these things over before they are posted? (And this isn't just directed at the OP either... Just in general. It bugs me when people do this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom