Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
You need to separate them as soon as you can, Bearded dragons do not do well housed together.

The one is more than likely not eating due to unseen dominance.

The other one will continue to give off signs of dominating the little one that you might not see, and it will cause the little one not to eat, not gain weight, lose weight,

Please please please separate them as soon as you can

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I will separate them again but they seem to do better together then housed in different tanks. Also romaine is just for now there is a issue with unhealthy greens at the store i been too so romaine was all i found tgat was appealing. Thank you for the advice

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Terminator7777":39um2w7o said:
I will separate them again but they seem to do better together then housed in different tanks. Also romaine is just for now there is a issue with unhealthy greens at the store i been too so romaine was all i found tgat was appealing. Thank you for the advice

Bearded Dragons do not do well together.

You need to keep them apart.

You are risking the life of the one by housing them together.

I would not bother giving them romaine at all at this age if you cant get your hands on better greens.

Just stick with the protein,

Once the store gets healthy greens again stick with the collard greens.

For the saftey of your dragons and their health please do not put them back together again. I can not stress this enough. I have seen many times what housing bearded dragons together can do its just not a good idea no matter what.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I will seperate them in the morning and yes i have seen them fighting over a place on a branch. Worried that a nail will damage a eye. They like to walk all over one another. I also have another reptisun coming so i will have two tubes on both tanks. I am doing alot of things lately to spike them gaining weight and grow a inch a month. Thank you

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Terminator7777":3bsmmxor said:
I will seperate them in the morning and yes i have seen them fighting over a place on a branch. Worried that a nail will damage a eye. They like to walk all over one another. I also have another reptisun coming so i will have two tubes on both tanks. I am doing alot of things lately to spike them gaining weight and grow a inch a month. Thank you

Fighting over the branch is dominance, you have witness first hand them fighting.

At this point I would separate them right now.

The little one will be fine for a few days with out uvb, just take him out side for a few hours with you to get real sun, make sure you keep your eye on him though so nothing harms him

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I wanted to do it tonight but lights down and sleeping lol just getting want to add anymore stress. Cause i no that would be stressful for me waking up and moving to another bed. I been getting them outside but in a iguanarium i have two. One that has a iguana that is half shade and sunny at the top. I chance it up and switch dragons in the other. I also wanted to cut the lawn with one of the babys steel or glory. But not safe i dont think but my slip enjoys it. Hes old and barely moves and can't catch crickets but his nails start to hurt after a while. Yes they been fighting over basking and food. Lol my only concern is a cat that enjoys him or herself on my pool deck. So thats why i use the iguanariums.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
You had posted on June 29th that you had them separated. If it's been that recent, then the skinny dragon could still be suffering from relocation stress, and that's why it's not eating. Then you putting it back into its original cage again probably stressed it out even further.

Please keep both dragons separated, and they'll do better that way. If the skinny one is not eating after 2 weeks (max time I'd give relocation stress time to work itself out) then you might want to consider vet care or force feeding. Just keep them separated permanently, and try to keep in mind that moving one back and forth will only make it quit eating from stress. If you can, try moving the healthier dragon to the other tank, instead of further stressing the skinnier one.

Spookle

I agree with moving the bigger one rather than the smaller one, stress in't very good for your baby and being alone will help no end, we have very recently got 2 new beardies and after a few days both were eating fine and the stress marks are now gone, have you had them long?

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have had them since april 26 of this year and should be hitting four months or they are but thats a long story. Beardies have stress marks??? Can you see them

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Terminator7777":3mkt80ah said:
I have had them since april 26 of this year and should be hitting four months or they are but thats a long story. Beardies have stress marks??? Can you see them

Yes you can.

On their beards bellies, all over!

Please please separate them! Move the bigger one so you can get the little one on the mend and never put them back together, your just stressing them out more and more.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2vmah55.jpg

here is a great photo of belly marks

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Whatever i give up on them nothing i do is good or right. I'll throw em on craigslist tomorrow screw this i cant take it anymore. I should of got a ferret. At least there cute.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Terminator7777":2qxlatyq said:
Whatever i give up on them nothing i do is good or right. I'll throw em on craigslist tomorrow screw this i cant take it anymore. I should of got a ferret. At least there cute.

Actually judging from your previous posts, that might be the best for them. You've been given a lot of good advice multiple times, and told the same thing over and over. Please consider the advice you've been given or please give them to someone who can actually take good care of them.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Terminator7777":2nr0f1aq said:

If you are willing to ship them I will take them off your hands.

Ive got the room, time, feeders, everything,

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am going to sell them not just give them away. They get sold or die. Goodday and leave it off this abnormal website and got sometime to say email me. Period done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom