Status
Not open for further replies.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
No they don't need dusted with the calcium but you must still offer salad and still use multivitamin supplement 2 times per week. Store in a cool area- i don't think they can be gutloaded. The repitworm website say they don't need gutloaded and last longer if stored at about 50-60F. From my experience, when cooler thay may appear dead but don't worry they start to move once they warm up.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Terminator7777":3awtfaxy said:
Ok would the refrigerator be ok and offer greens and vitamins twice a week ok. Makes sense

putting them in the fridge can kill them- just leave them in a cool place like a ventilated cupboard if your room is too warm. Yeah offer greens every day and vitamins twice a week

littlesavedgirl

Hatchling Member
I just ordered my second order of Reptiworms today but this time I ordered 1000 large instead of 250 mediums (Which only will last about a week). My beardie eats em up really fast so I'm very pleased. The only thing I did'nt know, is that the little suckers need to eat other then the substrate they are packed in. I included this information below from the web-site.
I am going to feed them as soon as I get home, thank goodness I already have plenty of corn meal and cricket mash already. All in all, I am very excited to get away from the cricket diet because of the cost either on the retail level or the shipping cost. Reptiworms are by far the easiest way to feed my beardie , along with the greens ect.
One question though... The supplements I'd been giving her "Penny", was the dusting D3 powder, is there another supplement I should be giving her? She has her special UVB lighting and heat light.

She is very active and responsive to all the family members voices and faces, I love her! I saw a huge Beardie on exibit at a local college and I am so excited to see my juvi grow like a weed!!! <3<3<3 :D

What can i feed the worms to make them get larger?
You can feed the worms a mash mixture of cricket feed or corn meal. You will do a 1:1 ratio of food:water. You want it to be almost the consistency of mashed potatoes. You do not want it too wet or it will harm the worm.
You should give the worms their body size in mash. For example, if you have a container with a 1/4" of worms, then give them 1/4" of mash. The food should be replaced when it turns dark. Most worms will need food twice a week.
Please note that the worms can grow very fast. they grow from the small to medium size in 1-2 weeks. Once the worms are the size you desire you will want to stop feeding them and cool them down to 50-60 degrees F.

Ted

I'm also interested in this subject.

It says cricket feed OR corn meal. The way I read that is that I could just use corn meal. Is this the corn meal that can be found in regular grocery stores or is it something special?

Also, they say to feed the worms 1:1 (1/4" worms = 1/4" mash) Would I just mix this up and then put the worms in the container that houses the mash?

I reckon I could also email Reptiworms these questions. If I hear from them, I'll report back. :)

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
You have to feed them? o_O ... oops. Poor reptiworms, mine seem like they all molted within a week. It's either they molted or they died and lost all their "meat" when they did. I don't re-fridge them, they're in my room. My rooms generally always hot, but thats my house in general in the summertime.

Ted

Here's the answer I received from them:

Is this the corn meal that can be found in regular grocery stores or is it something special?

in the stores is fine

Would I just mix this up and then put the worms in the container that houses the mash?

mix it up and put hte mixture in a deli container or a low food storage container. Make the mixture no deeper than 1" and put the worms in it. a 4"x4" container can hold one to 200 worms

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
I've been ordering repti's for 6 months now and have never had to gutload them or feed them.. There's really no need to.. I use a cooler and put some ice packs in there to keep them cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom