Superworms canabalizing?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
1708713527998.jpeg

They’re eating one of the newly moulted superworms (this is a new batch, got them yesterday and they had food which they appear to have eaten). What’s the deal?

Also, are they still safe to feed Leo?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
View attachment 87586
They’re eating one of the newly moulted superworms (this is a new batch, got them yesterday and they had food which they appear to have eaten). What’s the deal?

Should still be safe. I've seen them eat hornworms before also if they are in the same dish. I think you can safely use oatmeal to keep them in if they don't have food.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
View attachment 87586

How are you keeping them, looks like they've been in the container from the store. I keep mine in a plastic tub that had potato salad or something similar in it. Fill it about 3-4 inches with oatmeal and put a fresh 2 inch piece of carrot in there every few days and you'll have no problem. As long as the substrate is about 6 inches below the top they can't escape even with no lid on.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, they will do that if they don't have adequate food or moisture. Try putting some potato or carrots in with them, for moisture along with the oatmeal substrate.
Superworms are carnivorous so they need to be regularly to do well.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom