Tail about to shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

Sorry if you can’t see it well but his tail has gotten lighter than most of his body.
I’m assuming he’s about to shed his tail, just making sure! (first beardie, i’m kinda paranoid about everything)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hard to see anything in the pic but if its ghosting over that's a ...... tail tail sign of shedding......

I crack myself up.

-Brandon

Colbycheese

Original Poster
Hmm... A day or so ago I turned on his lights, and noticed his tail was a bright orange, no sign of shed anywhere. Could he shed it overnight and somehow ‘disposed’ of the shed? Or did his tail randomly decide to fade and then vibrantly come back? Now his body is becoming less colorful, so now I think he’s gonna shed his body. Any thoughts?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible the tail shed quickly and the skin was either hidden or eaten. They do shed in patches, especially as they get older. If the rest of his body is starting to dull, then that probably indicates another shed is about to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom