Pores

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Can someone tell me if this looks normal or they look clogged. RJ is my first boy, so i don't really know how they're suppose to look. And if they are clogged, what do i do about it?

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OH my gosh! :( they can get impacted??? What if massaging them doesn't make it better?

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He did have quite a few sperm plugs after brumation. Wouldn't that mean they're "working? " sorry If that sounds stupid, I'm a bit ignorant on this subject

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They look slightly raised, usually not a problem at all. Warm baths + slight stroking with a soft toothbrush can help a bit.

Does he have rough surfaces in his tank to rub his legs on ? That helps to keep them from getting impacted.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He has a hemp bridge (kinda rough), tile floor, a log, a rock material cave, all of which he runs all over by the days end :) i love it, he's still so active. Figured it would have only been a little after brumation, but he's still going crazy, and eating like a monster! Also i actually have him a bath today, just cuz itd been a while. Oh, remember the situation with his elbows? How the skin had broke a bit on them and they were a bit bumped out? they seem to be healing nicely. Hes shedding a bit now, back and front legs. When those areas shed, it's like it peeled off. I've been using the honey too. He does have one spike that's being a little brat, won't come off, been a while. Anyway i just love how he's been lately, it makes me so happy. I just love that little guy
*What RJs been up to* :)
"Dad, i think i need a new cave. Kinda tight quarters in here."
89591-9143634643.jpg
89591-8384683504.jpg
"This is the only kitty (of 3) that doesn't try to be mean to me, but daddy still stays close by, even though I'm not scared of them. "
89591-8714417321.jpg
"I looooooove wax worms! But daddy only gives them to me very rarely because a have ADV and fat isn't good for my liver. "
https://youtu.be/209Nn7fEYFg

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you! I tell him he's quite dapper all the time. I think it's going to his head though, cuz he's constantly running all over his tank like, " where's the ladies, where's the ladies! " :)

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
89591-2596627623.jpg
Hey AHBD or Cooper, a while ago i was told this t8 reptisun 10.0 mounted to the ceiling of this enclosure (4x2x2) was too high. So i suspended it with picture hanging wire. Now it's 10 inches from it to his hammock (where he mostly is) you see in the pic. Do you think this is sufficient distance? I know the package claims effectiveness to 12 inches. Also, what if i switched to a t5 and mounted it to the ceiling? my best guess (estimating the starting point of the t5 on the ceiling) is that a t5 on the ceiling would be about 14 inches. Would that be too close? I've always wanted to get a uv gauge, but they're so expensive

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would move to a T5. They have excellent output at 12-14'' similar to natural sunlight. The T8 is quite a bit weaker and should be within 6-8'' to provide adequate levels of UVB. The T5 bulbs seem to last quite a bit longer before needing replacement as well.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
89591-3362325831.jpg
Also, do you remember what I've posted about what's been up with copper? I feel like maybe he's starting to come out of it. He's had a couple roaches (only two) here and there. He's been coming out to bask pretty much first thing in the morning, and he's been stretching his beard a lot. In this picture he was puffing out his body as well as his beard though. Do you think maybe it's for anything to do with a growth spurt or something? Cuz like early on he grew really fast. But then he kinda stopped. Maybe this sounds weird, but could his body be getting ready to grow more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom