Nebulizing dose for baytril and tylosin

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAtDiss

Hey from a previous message I was going to nebulize one of these meds for my beardie. He weighs 173g. It was also mentioned through a fogger, so does water quantity matter?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I can help with dosing, are you using Baytril or Tylosine? I will double check my dosing charts
for nebulization for you for Baytil & can research tylosine.
How is your dragon doing?
Yes, the water or sterile saline solution amount does matter. Were you able to obtain a
nebulizer?

Tracie

NewAtDiss

Original Poster
It should be here early next week. Same with the tylosin. My wife bought the fogger but I watched a video on how much water would be utilized and I did not want to risk the chance of putting too much water in her lungs.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sure, that is understandable. There is a specific water to medicine ratio to follow for the
nebulization treatments.

Baytril should be 10mg to 1ml of water/sterile saline solution. The Tylan isn't really used
as a medication for nebulizing, as the particles are too large. You can give oral Tylan for
a respiratory infection. Were you planning on using the Baytril primarily for nebulizing?

Tracie

NewAtDiss

Original Poster
Hey so I fee bad for not having said this already, but thank you for the help so far. And to answer your question I was planning on nebulizing the tylsoin. I had read from other posts that it worked well for other people on this forum, I just needed to know the dosage. I do have baytril on hand, but I don’t want to overdo the baytril use

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is no problem at all, glad to help out. :D
Sure, that can be a concern. Tylosine can be used with success. You can use the same ratio,
10mg of Tylosine to 1ml of sterile saline.
It should run for around 15 or so minutes. Depending on the severity, you can do 2 treatments
per day for a week to see how much improvement occurs.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

NewAtDiss

Original Poster
She hasn’t been eating a ton, but her cough I have not heard it being wet as much. I’ve made a point to inverting her every night for at least 20 mins. Changed her substrate out to felt, bathing her daily to stay hydrated. If she does it, it’s roaches. I got liquid calcium to help with the local of diet. Thank you again!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds great, changing the substrate to felt will be very helpful. It should stay a lot
cleaner in there now.
I hope she is feeling better & will make a full recovery real soon. Her appetite should start
to pick up once she can breathe more easily.

Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom