ethanmelch

Beardie name(s)
Baby
Hi, last post was about the inside color of Puffs throat. Turns out the black color is normal and we also ran a fungal culture on her skin because her head looked yellowish. We got results yesterday and shes fungal FREE! Were so happy. Were still trying to beat this respiratory infection though. We have her on oral Marbofloxacin (1.5ML), Ceftazidime injections (0.06ML) every three days and were also nebulizing her with a Gentamicin and Saline mix (Genta is 1ML and sal is 5ML). She has been on the Marbo for a month, but we haven't seen any improvement. Therefore, we are considering changing her medication. Currently, she weighs 590 grams, and we are reducing her food intake to help her lose some. \/

Regarding the hard urate, she didn't poop for a whole day. As a result, we decided to give her a bath, and after that, she finally pooped. Her poop looked fine, but her urate was very long, thick, and as hard as a rock. What are the main causes for that besides dehydration? Her eyes do look sunken, but she has urate along with her poop. We've been feeding her soaked cucumbers every day to ensure she gets enough water. We also soak her greens. Is she getting too much water ?

I still need to carefully feed her by putting the food in her mouth since she is not interested in eating by herself.

Thank you

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
I don't know if it works the same for dragons, but my dad was on Gentamicin long term and it permanently damaged his inner ear. He can no longer walk a straight line without support because of the balance issues it caused. I thought of it because of you mentioning changing medications. Might be something for @Drache613 to look up. I'd be curious to see a comparison of the two species.

I am glad the fungus and throat colors have been ruled out as problems!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear she is free of fungal issues now.
How is her respiratory infection doing, is it getting any better?
That is quite a bit of medications but the nebulizing is really effective & I think that will help more
than oral or intramuscular shots. The Gentamicin is a relatively harsh medication. I definitely
wouldn't keep her on it long term, but short term would be ok. What medication are they thinking
about changing her to?

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom