Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm still hoping that the owners of Mr & Mrs Stumpy will get their act together and give them to you. They are very strange people indeed to want their dragons to live in a pet shop, no matter what great care they are given. I'm glad you get to see them & that Mr Stumpy is so thrilled when you visit. And baby pythons and baby dragons. What a great afternoon you had.

And looking forward to seeing the wedding dress on your mourner.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Why did the owner want you to look at Mr. Stumpy? Was there something wrong with him?? Or was it because he was going nuts because he heard your voice?

I'm so glad that you got to spend some quality time with the Stumpies. How endearing it was that Mr. Stumpy wanted to be with you so badly, and that he gave you kisses. Just makes leaving them in the store tat much more difficult, huh?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Gina Mr Stumpy is fine. The owner wanted me to see how nuts he was going when he heard my voice. I did tell Andy to keep on their owners to give them to me. Im not even supposed to hold them according to the owners but Andy and the owner of the store don't care and allow me to love on mr and mrs stumpy. I know they do the best they can with all the animals which is why I love this particular pet shop and its people. I call them my "grandsons". There is an older lady that works in there from time to time I call mamaw.
What I don't understand is how is it, mr stumpy knows when I am in the store or even remembers my voice to react the way he does. He is so happy to just sit on my shoulder or chest getting throat rubs.
Another reason I love this shop so much is how clean they keep it, cages are spotless and clean, the get appropriate food and lighting. They really take care of the reptiles in there. Its all they carry besides spiders and scorpions. Even the feeder fish tanks are spotless.
Gina it breaks my heart everytime I have to leave them in that store but I have the small consolation that they are taken care of and don't go without their needs being met.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
If dogs and cats and other regular domesticated animals can recognize human voices, especially ones who cared for them, then why can't beardies? I mean, they have just as much intelligence as any other animal.

I have to wonder if the reason why The Stumpies' owners chose to leave them at the pet store is because they will be properly taken care of, as opposed to being neglected or "just getting by" if they were left elsewhere.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I just find it odd they remember my voice since I only see them every week to two weeks. One would think they would more bonded with those that work there. No matter, I am just happy to spend time with the Stumpies. Them being is what really matters in their case I think. I just don't get people that want to have pets, then leave them boarded for their entire existence, it saddens me.
I don't when they visit their dragons, but I do know its far in between. I don't know why they picked a store unless it's cheaper boarding, 150.00 a month for the two of them. We looked it up and they have boarded for 21 months consecutively. Yes, I asked and Andy told me. Next time I go I will get more pictures of my lovey couple, the stumpies.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
That is so sad, 21 months. Thats extreme! I can't leave my baby there that long. Maybe 2 weeks at the most I would leave Broly if needed but thats it. I'm glad they love your love. It's sweet.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Tonja":x8c0w2p4 said:
We looked it up and they have boarded for 21 months consecutively.
Good grief! Almost 2 whole years of their lives were spent in boarding. At this rate, they won't want to go back to their owners because they don't even know them. Grrr! :angry5:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The Em trio are doing fine. Emilio is really growing, Em and Em are happily basking after salads. Its been rainy here so not much going on. Just put in 4 shelving units in the basement to get some boxes and totes up off the floor. Need about 4 more units and my basement will be organized and stuff up off the floor.
NOW!!!!!!! I am not getting my hopes up but, Andy called this morning. The owners of the Stumpies MAY give them to me. They don't have the time as they travel all the time and are rarely home. Excuses, excuses for not taking care of them. Have to wonder if they would board a dog or cat like they do the Stumpies. If I get them I will be so happy and they will be too. Keep your fingers crossed that they are coming to their senses!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh HAPPY DAY! My fingers and toes are crossed that the Stumpys come home to you where they belong. I know the pet shop has been doing their best for them but still, they need your love, too. Keep us updated, k?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Emmett and Emily are fed, bathed and given water. Now both are happily basking. Emilio ate and is hanging out in his branches. Not much going on, been raining for 3 days now maybe 4. May go into the garage and work on my last craft. A suitcase monster lol. Its for a friends 8 yr old for a candy bag of sorts.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
A suitcase monster? I'm trying to imagine what that could possibly look like, but nothing is appearing in my brain ;)

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Gina its a small faux alligator suitcase. I painted it yellow/white down the middle, graduating the yellow in greens towards the outside. it looks ombre if you think hair! I opened it up and on the edge with the latches that close down, I put brown eyes and used latex and cotton to put eyelids. It will be opened up with a neck strap, think the old cigarette girls that sold ciggies in clubs way back when. I will put a snout on it with the mouth open and teeth <faux teeth> and it will be his candy bag. It measures maybe a foot across or a little more, about 5 inches deep when open, and about 8 inches in depth.
full

Its not done yet as you can see......need to paint the eyelids, make the mouth and teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom