how old is my bearded dragon?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

how old is my bearded dragon?

Postby averyhanna » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:36 am

[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

i think he’s 7 months but if a more experienced owner could help that’d be great :)
averyhanna
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: how old is my bearded dragon?

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:38 am

I cant tell but I know he is young --- less than a year when did you get him ? That will help determining his age-- and where did you get him from?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby averyhanna » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:46 am

KarrieRee wrote:I cant tell but I know he is young --- less than a year when did you get him ? That will help determining his age-- and where did you get him from?
Karrie

i got him on may 15 from petco. i know that’s not the best place to get them but i felt so sad for them because they’re treated poorly. i’ll attach a picture of the first day i got him [Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

one is from him in the pet store and the other is on my arm the second day he was home
averyhanna
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:52 am

I am guessing around 3 months old when you got him -- so I am guessing around 4 months old now - he does not look 7 months old to me but I could be wrong -- some others on here can make a guess --
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby averyhanna » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:38 pm

KarrieRee wrote:I am guessing around 3 months old when you got him -- so I am guessing around 4 months old now - he does not look 7 months old to me but I could be wrong -- some others on here can make a guess --
Karrie

thanks !
averyhanna
Newbie Poster

Postby WinFam01 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:17 pm

There are some charts you can look at but I think they're pretty varied.
We guesstimated how old ours probably was when we got her, based on seeing some 6 week dragons another place, and then we counted back from there to give her an approximate birthdate.
---
Tish

3 human kids, 1 furkid, and 1 repchild - Bored at home, nah!
WinFam01
Juvie Poster

Postby AHBD » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:21 am

I agree with Karrie, he's the size of an average 3-4 month old but size can vary quite a bit depending on different factors. But the 3-4 month range is the average for that size.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion