Young Beardie overcome with Crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakotachristy84

Hatchling Member
My dad has a young bearded dragon and he is overcome with breeding crickets. will this harm the yound dragon? should my dad put the dragon it another tank or keep things the way there are?

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Crickets should only be put in the dragon's cage at feeding time, and any uneaten crickets should be removed. It sounds crazy, but the crickets will chew on the dragon and can cause some nasty wounds.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh gee, poor beardie. :( Like the other poster said, all uneaten crickets should be removed to prevent cricket bites from occurring and will also stress the beardie out very badly. Since this was first posted about a month ago, how did he rectify this problem?

Dakotachristy84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well rather then killing the crickets my dad gave me back the dragon and i am rasing 4 babies and crickets. which isn't bad but i am changing them into a tote rather then glass. i love the sound but my husband doesn't. which makes me love them evenmore. plus my 3 babies have a new playmate and he's funny.

andras

Hatchling Member
definetely get them out immediately. you only want them to be feeders, not roomates. i used a critter keeper until recently. now i have a five gallon, hexagonal fish tank that the crickets live in. i am really liking the tank so far. i threw a few sticks in that i harvested from the woods and baked off, and the crickets love it, i think. there are a ton of options for you to house crickets, just use a little creativity and you'll be fine. take care. -matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom