You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
dna14":2d569 said:
when you have 5. All of your beardies. none of the kids. :lol:

Oh should this be on the 'you know you're a bad mom when' thread?

or bad 'girlfriend' thread. When you delete pics of you and your significant other to make more room for your beardies pictures

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Aznrainbowdime":7c5bc said:
dna14":7c5bc said:
when you have 5. All of your beardies. none of the kids. :lol:

Oh should this be on the 'you know you're a bad mom when' thread?

or bad 'girlfriend' thread. When you delete pics of you and your significant other to make more room for your beardies pictures

Ouch!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
YKYLWBW...
you make your boyfriend get off work early and come home so that the light will be right for taking outside beardie pics for the bd.org calendar. (yeah, I really made Butch do that last week, but he wouldnt tell anyone at work why he was leaving, only that he had to leave early :wink: )

Saccharidicule

Hatchling Member
--you blow off a get-together with a boy by saying you have to feed your lizard, and it's TRUE
--the tastiest vegetables in your house aren't for you
--your favorite part of the day is sitting next to the bathtub

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
When the electric company wants to come out and inspect the electric in the building because the meters are spinning 4 times faster then any other building in the block!!

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Twobeardieguy":d14f7 said:
When the electric company wants to come out and inspect the electric in the building because the meters are spinning 4 times faster then any other building in the block!!

Or if the police want to come inspect because all the electricity couldn't just be "growing" beardies. :lol:

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
DragonsInKansas":0e12e said:
Twobeardieguy":0e12e said:

Or if the police want to come inspect because all the electricity couldn't just be "growing" beardies. :lol:

LOL! My parents are sure that the police are going to come to my house one of these days...

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
When the door bell rings...........you answer the door with a beardie on your shoulder......and the repair man goes, "Whoa" and steps back.

Saccharidicule

Hatchling Member
You know you're living with beardies when your bedroom is toasty warm in the middle of winter. :laughing6: It's so comfortable in here!

I'm still waiting to get my beardie shipped from TheVirus, but I have a toad whose lights are on, and I'm testing out the beardie's viv lights. It's so comfy in here; I never want to leave!

ddma

Juvie Member
Wouldn't know toasty warm, i live in south florida , it's nov 2 and we are still blistering hot . yuck, yuck , yuck. you sound so comfy . love that feeling !!

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
emilybortz":11ecd said:
Aznrainbowdime":11ecd said:
dna14":11ecd said:
:laughhard: When one of your biggest kicks is saying 'want to see a pic of my baby?' and you pull out your cell phone and the screen saver is your beardie :lol:

lmao ! YES ! OR when you get upset when they refer to our baby as 'it' or my biggest one 'pet lizard' lol

I *hate* "pet lizard"! I get "dragon lizard" a lot too. It drives me insane haha

Everyone that I know well enough to care what they call my girls know not to call them "pet lizards". If anything, they call them "dragons", which, strangely, doesn't irk me. Usually, though, they call them 'Gem' and 'MoMo'.

I did have someone at the park repeatedly call Gem 'it' 'that' and 'him', even after continuous "It's a SHE."

However, it is a bit awkward when, in public, someone asks me how "the girls" are. Especially because my younger sister has taken to referring to her *chest* as her "girls". :?
LOL Oh well. They'z still my girls. And I will continue to call them that! *DEFIANCE!*

Jacqui :mrgreen:

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
You know you're living with beardies when,

You have more roaches in your house then the ghetto has down the street!

You strike a conversation up with relatives and when it is over you say, yea well I'm gonna head in the viv now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom