You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

peera

Sub-Adult Member
ghr15":329d7 said:
peera":329d7 said:
I <3 uromastyx,I was going to get one next month, but Mickeal made me sign a "no more reptiles" agreement before he let me buy Inara, and I decided I had to have her more. I'd gladly trade our gecko for one though. Anyone?

Is it a day gecko? Since it is easier for me to get uromastix then it is to get day geckos. You could just find the agreement destroy it then deny it ever existed.
Nope, she's a "mocha albino fat-tailed gecko" at least as far as we can figure, it's the only one I've found online she looks like. The pet store had no idea what she was. :roll:

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Aznrainbowdime":b5c5a said:
How bout when youre out on happy hr with the co worker and boss (couldnt say no due to the big boss invite).. and the whole night you werent having fun cuz you keep lookign down at your watch and thinking about how misearble and sad your beardie is waiting for you as you're already 3 hours late? Then you rush home and apologize to your beardie 100000 times !
(happened to me today.. i still feel bad)

Yeah, I stayed at work for an hour overtime last night, cuz my boss asked me to, got home at 6:50, oh damn! No Crickets! Ran to the store, ran one more errand while I was out cuz friggin' humans need damn food too, but NOT RIGHT NOW! Got home at 7:30, to mad beardies. Hermes ate 40. Twitch ate 18 which is good for her these days. Lights out at 8:45 so I just made it. I felt so bad at how hungry they were... But... :wink: they had both eaten all their salads so I guess that's good? N Bonus! Hermes ate 41 crickets today n Twitch ate 0 (she likes them every other day :roll:, layed on her hammock ALL DAY) n we still have at least 30 crix and I paid for 100. Sometimes the pet store is cool.

Random thought... I think she may brumate this year... I hope Hermes doesn't or I'll be so lonely.

YKYLWBW you talk about your beardies' eating habits at work at least 3X a week and you know most of your co-workers don't care except 2 or 3 but oh well they talk about their kids right :wink: OK so I do talk about my kids SOMETIMES :lol:

riceko

Hatchling Member

You throw the TV out of your bedroom so you won't be tempted to watch it and interrupt your beardies beauty sleep.

Spoiled brat :p

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Hilarious anecdote: Zinger hates the Pillsbury dough boy. :D A commercial came on as I was getting ready in the morning. Zinger was watching tv, looking longingly at the crispy biscuits shown on the screen. Suddenly, I look over at him and he is pancaked out, black bearding, and puffing his beard so big that he has a Popeye lip. I look at the screen and there sits the smug doughboy, taunting Zinger with his evil giggle when someone pokes him in the stomach. The commercial goes off and everything is back to normal. As you know, history repeats itself. The commercial came on again and as soon as thaqt doughboy popped on to the screen, Zinger freaked out. Good times, good times.

-Haley

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
haleygirl272":cd5ac said:
Hilarious anecdote: Zinger hates the Pillsbury dough boy. :D A commercial came on as I was getting ready in the morning. Zinger was watching tv, looking longingly at the crispy biscuits shown on the screen. Suddenly, I look over at him and he is pancaked out, black bearding, and puffing his beard so big that he has a Popeye lip. I look at the screen and there sits the smug doughboy, taunting Zinger with his evil giggle when someone pokes him in the stomach. The commercial goes off and everything is back to normal. As you know, history repeats itself. The commercial came on again and as soon as thaqt doughboy popped on to the screen, Zinger freaked out. Good times, good times.

-Haley

OMG Zinger should never watch Ghostbusters then the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man might just push him over the edge :shock:

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
haleygirl272":2496c said:

-Haley

I have a DVR next time I see the pilsbury dough boy commercial I will bring one of my bearded dragons put them in front of the tv and play the commercial and see what he does.

erica1s

you think he's the cutest pet around! Who needs soft and furry? Cuddling under the blanket with a pet who falls so fast asleep he doesnt wake up when you move him to his cage is the best! :p

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
You know you're living with beardies when you get an email from Photobucket saying "Warning! You are approaching the limit on your Photobucket account!" (And 90% of those are of Budo, the other 10% of the snakes.)

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
herpfreak":e55f2 said:
You know you're living with beardies when you get an email from Photobucket saying "Warning! You are approaching the limit on your Photobucket account!" (And 90% of those are of Budo, the other 10% of the snakes.)

OR.... when you find yourself deleting old pics of you in your phone/ camera, to make more room for more pictures of your beardie !!!
(I went from having 400 pics of me, to only 90, and the rest of M.J!)

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
herpfreak":82261 said:

H ow about 90% of the photos you view on photobucket are of bearded dragons or other lizards the rest of snakes. I think my favorite is the beardie sleeping on the turtles back.

Doesj

Hatchling Member
-when your girlfriend suddenly starts to like reptiles / starts to cope with bugs.

6 months ago her opinion was "if you MUST have a beardie, I can't stop you, but roaches go in the basement!", nowadays she wants to cuddle him and she even fed him his roaches yesterday :D :blob8:

- you take of your shirt because it's a fabric you're sure you're beardie won't like.
- there's a ton of veggies in the fridge you've never tasted (and never will)
- you don't use the lights in your office-room after 8.30 because it'll disturb his sleep
- you get up at 7 on your day off to feed him his breakfast

Doesj

Hatchling Member
ajkry2":b8820 said:
- you get up at 7 on your day off to feed him his breakfast

I do that too :p -- silly beardies... So cute, so spoiled, so expensive, so worth it :love5:
I did that the first day we had him...

so here's one more:

- you take an extra day off from work just to make sure your beardies first days don't stress him too much

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
OR !!!!

You find yourself browing online on beardie accesories or viv accesorries.. and you find yourself going to petsmart or petshops more often just to 'window shop' for when payday comes around !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom