You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

You know you live with a bearded dragon when;

you take them through a drive thru on your shoulder and have someone look at you through their car window with a shocked look on their face, being caught feeding bit of dark romaine Lettuce to a Dragon!

(Happened to me, was at a Wendies and I fed my beardie a piece of lettuce when I was eating some salad (no dressing) and they were watching me through their car and I look at them and they had the :shock: face, and I smiled and waved and kept feeding him lol. )

Your co-workers question why you are buying baby food, pedialyte and a baby bath tub when they know you dont have a child or young sibling.

(Both also happened to me)

You walk on the side of dark roads looking for rocks for over an hour, and multiple people pull over to ask if you need help and you just say "NO, I'M LOOKING FOR ROCKS FOR MY DRAGON" and they have a weird look and drive away.

samjones

you come home from a long day at work with the intention of cleaning you really filthy car and find your bd has trashed his viv and you spend your last remaining bit of energy on making him comfortable and clean again! and your car is still dirty :roll:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
CourtneyDAWN":d2c29 said:
You walk on the side of dark roads looking for rocks for over an hour, and multiple people pull over to ask if you need help and you just say "NO, I'M LOOKING FOR ROCKS FOR MY DRAGON" and they have a weird look and drive away.

You should've said, "Yeah, thanks! Can you help me find a nice, big, flat rock? -insert beardie's name here- has outgrown his/her old one, he/she needs a new rock! I could also use a colorful one, to spice up the.... wait, where're you going?!"
:lol:

Jacqui

You should've said, "Yeah, thanks! Can you help me find a nice, big, flat rock? -insert beardie's name here- has outgrown his/her old one, he/she needs a new rock! I could also use a colorful one, to spice up the.... wait, where're you going?!"

Haha, or be like "My MaAAGICAAL draaaagonn sent me on a mission to find his magic rock, he loooves his rock! I love rocks! rocks rocks rocks! " .... as if you were on drugs :p haha.. People from around my area know Rock is slang for cocaine lol. It might also get their attention in the weirdest way! That - or the attention a cop, their car pulling up behind you once the good semaritans leave!

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
How about this you know you're living with beardies when friends start giving you rocks. Take one of my friends he is a trucker and he actually does sometimes stop on the side of the road and pick up rocks I have rocks from all over the north american continent.

You tell your family you can't come home for Christmas because airplanes don't allow reptiles in the cabin :(
How could you leave this precious guy behind?

100_0638.jpg

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
Einafets42":0b028 said:
You tell your family you can't come home for Christmas because airplanes don't allow reptiles in the cabin :(
How could you leave this precious guy behind?

100_0638.jpg

Sure it's not you just wan an excuse to not go home for christmas. My family is kind of crazy I make up excuses to not go and see then I admit it. I cannot use the reptile cannot fly excuse since my family is closer so I have to always come up with excuses.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
OR... you have a golf tournament coming up in 3 weeks and it is out of state and your buddies are excited about the road trip and partying and you tell them.. "guys I have to bring my baby, I cant trust anyone to babysit" .. and they look at you like you're from a different planet...

AprilMayJune

Hatchling Member

The power goes out and you immediately call the power company and complain that your dragons need heat and light and it's causing them too much stress.

You have hand warmers by the dozen and the kids aren't allowed to use them in the winter in case the power does go out.

Your kids gather bugs out in the yard and bring them to you only to have them release them back in the wild because the beardies can't eat wild bugs. This sometimes turns out that they keep the odd bug in an old cricket keeper for a few days to observe it and you have strange bugs with names in your house.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
AprilMayJune":e31b1 said:

The power goes out and you immediately call the power company and complain that your dragons need heat and light and it's causing them too much stress.

You have hand warmers by the dozen and the kids aren't allowed to use them in the winter in case the power does go out.

Your kids gather bugs out in the yard and bring them to you only to have them release them back in the wild because the beardies can't eat wild bugs. This sometimes turns out that they keep the odd bug in an old cricket keeper for a few days to observe it and you have strange bugs with names in your house.

Thanks for the tip I should get some of those. Though I sometimes use my old socks when the elastic or toes goes on them.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
OR...

when you get off work a bit late and you keep staring at your watch because its already 7pm.. and your beardies lights out at 8.. then you get home at 7:45... you take your beardie.. she looks at you with that innocent "where have you been" look then crawls to your neck and falls asleep right away and you jsut feel like crying because you lost some cuddling and playing time before bed time .. :cry: (happened to me yesterday)

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
YKYLWBW....
all you really wanna do is give your pooper lunch, but since you work so far away from home, she only gets breakfast and dinner (except weekends then she gets lunch :D)and you think about it every day at lunch while at work

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
ajkry2":3535b said:
YKYLWBW....
all you really wanna do is give your pooper lunch, but since you work so far away from home, she only gets breakfast and dinner (except weekends then she gets lunch :D)and you think about it every day at lunch while at work

OMG we are so much alike ! Its like I agree with everything you post ! lol.
Well i leave work really early around 4 am.. MJ is still sleeping so I leave fresh lettuce in there daily.. sometimes as treats I'll either top it off with meal or wax worms. When i get home around 5.. thats when I give her her crickets .. but everyday around lunch I think about her and feel terribly sad =(

ddma

Juvie Member
I had a few hours free at work today (about 3 before i had to get back) and instead of going shopping , or getting my nails done or maybe running some errands i ran home to feed my beardies. they eat twice a day but on thurs only once because i get home so late from work so today they actualy got to eat twice.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
Am I the only one who simply just has pellets in a dish for a snack and veggies and bugs given later on in the day? I simply put pellets in there dish and later feed them leafy greens or some insects. I also noticed my beardies like this parrot food I seen in a pet store. It is a pellet made with grains and fruit shaped like bananas that they seem to like. All my lizards like those pelelts even my uro. So I mostly most of the day use a mix of bearded dragon pellets and those bird pellets.

I should show people I know this forum and say "see I told you some people really are more obsessed with beardies then me"
I also do not pick them up except for baths. I pet them allot though. I will pet them when I feed them and they seem to like it when they are shedding. I also like how when I have crickets my one beardie will jump on me.

Largarto is weird that way. He won't go crazy like that for any other insect. Other insects and vegetables he will only eat if I hold it in front of him. But for crickets he will actually get up and come running. One time he jumped on the bag of crickets the crickets were flung everywhere because he made me drop the bag.

So now I use a container so I wont drop the crickets all over if he leaps on me. Funny thing is when the crickets are gone I put him back he will sometimes leap back on me thinking I have more crickets. I also have to feed him last because he wants every last cricket I have and will eat as many as I will allow him to eat. Have to put him on a diet he is getting too fat. I mean when he walks his belly drags a bit not because there is something wrong and he can't stand up fully it's just his belly is so big. There are pot bellied pigs but I have a pot bellied lizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom