You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

ChinelleKitten

Hatchling Member
sweetiepie9":2gyldlby said:
You spend most of your time taking care of your 5 beardies & have come to love anything dragon. The latest is the movie "How to Train your Dragon". Except for the wings, that Night Fury called toothless is alot like our dragons in spirit. :mrgreen:

hahaha whenever the trailer for that movie comes on the TV I tell Captain Jack and Zod they'll be able to grow wings and breathe fire just like those dragons when they get older :D

Hehehe, yes, I'm with lippertthereptileguy on this one!

When I go to the supermarket to get "Beardie Salad" (I have the 'ingredients list' permanently in my wallet, right next to my credit card!), quite often the lass at the check-out says, "wow, you guys eat healthy!" I still love the look I get when I say "umm, this is for my beardies, us humans have to beg from the floor for scraps!" :lol:

Or, from a few years ago (when I still had my 11-and-a-bit year old dragon):

All lights off, doonas and popcorn ready to have a family night watching "Jurassic Park"... Number One beardie slave 'in bed' on his branch, totally zonked, dead-to-the-world... After 20minutes or so into the movie, when the first Dinosaur appears, there's noises coming from his corner of the room... He's scratching at the glass, pacing madly, "let me out, let me out"... So, you do the right thing (even though it's WAY past his bed-time!), pick him up, take him out and he snuggles into the doona with us all, WATCHING every move they make! I never saw him blink once!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
LizardLadyOz":11b6yui5 said:
Hehehe, yes, I'm with lippertthereptileguy on this one!

When I go to the supermarket to get "Beardie Salad" (I have the 'ingredients list' permanently in my wallet, right next to my credit card!), quite often the lass at the check-out says, "wow, you guys eat healthy!" I still love the look I get when I say "umm, this is for my beardies, us humans have to beg from the floor for scraps!" :lol:

Ditto......I say the same and the looks are blank! :lol:

coco5

Hatchling Member
ChinelleKitten":p33rob3k said:
sweetiepie9":p33rob3k said:
You spend most of your time taking care of your 5 beardies & have come to love anything dragon. The latest is the movie "How to Train your Dragon". Except for the wings, that Night Fury called toothless is alot like our dragons in spirit. :mrgreen:

and terrible terrors are geckos,red deaths are iguanas,gronckles are gila monsters,ect,ect.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
ykylwbw: You become so attuned to your dragons, that all else falls to the side. If I have a choice of housework or cuddling dragons, cuddling dragons is priority! After all, our 5 all love cuddling, it's to find the time, especially if you work!

sobotta

Hatchling Member
sweetiepie9":28vidsr7 said:

I told my husband I wanted toothless and he had to get me him. He's modeled after my other favorite character, Stitch. That's why he's so cute!

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
When you wanna sleep in but cant because your beardie needs the lights on and... When youre friends invite you to go to a concert (or somethibng that keeps you out late) and you refuse because youre beardie might get lonely :)

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
^^^ Right with this one, you come home late and bump into things cuz you don't wanna turn on the lights in case it might wake your beardie.

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
s;ldfj;asldfjlsdjflsdjtowiewokl,mvv.cxk'ps When your daughter's BF brings worms from the closest pet shop around (about an hours drive away) when they visit you for the weekend....

asldkfjalsfjpoertj;aldkvn;sldkfap'awepri0tgj When hubby is away on training for two weeks and phones at exactly the same time every day to find out whether the beardies took their medicines and/or ate and/or pooped today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom