You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Saccharidicule":380267c6 said:
You'll be absolutely sure you're living with at least one beardie when, after a long day, you have a particularly vivid dream in which your female beardie is speaking to you in the voice of Morgan Freeman. :p I've had several dreams where Dora is speaking to me, and always with Morgan Freeman's voice. The first time it happened she was just shouting for worms...but in this most recent one we discussed the nutritional value of her diet and why I need to shove a syringe down her throat every day (she's recovering from surgery after swallowing a big rock), despite the fact that we both hate having to do it.
haha! sounds more like ykylwbaowmfw (you know you're living with beardies and obsessed with morgan freeman when...) ;-)

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
YKYLWBW...I wake up in the morning wondering why Thorn is sitting on top of my head. :roll: I groggily reach for her, and slowly realize it's not a beardie, it was actually a real hair clip and I fell asleep without taking it out. :lol:

sobotta

Hatchling Member
You know you live with beardies when your livingroom looks like an aiport runway with all the beardie lights

You stub your toe on an old log that hes been replaced with a newer, bigger one!

When you have more heat lamps/day bulb fixtures then actual lamps.

sobotta

Hatchling Member
You know you live with beardies when your livingroom looks like an aiport runway with all the beardie lights

You stub your toe on an old log that hes been replaced with a newer, bigger one!

When you have more heat lamps/day bulb fixtures then actual lamps.

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
Teddy has a taxiway light as part of the decor. (as seen behind his head) I was planning on incorporating a couple glass insulators into the decor of his big viv I'm planning, for color.
76428b3a.jpg

Sadly, Teddy pointlessly loves his lemur. :lol:

sobotta

Hatchling Member
Oops didnt realize it posted twice. Stupid computer...

You know you live with beardies when you spend more money on beardie accessories then yourself.

...The pet store knows your cricket order when you walk in the door.

...You always seem to find random pieces of dragon skin everywhere.

...When no matter what (even with the a/c on) your house never seems to get below 80 degrees...

...When you dont need tv, watching your male run across the tank bobbing and turning black at the female is good enough :)

BeardyDragon

Juvie Member
ykylwbw even in the heat of the summer, your house's inside air is hotter than that of outside, even w/ac... yeah, i know, it had some of your's sobotta

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
BeardyDragon":18l2i0la said:
ykylwbw even in the heat of the summer, your house's inside air is hotter than that of outside, even w/ac... yeah, i know, it had some of your's sobotta
YKYLWBW you don't have ac because the dragon wouldn't like it. :blob8:

sobotta

Hatchling Member
RolandKyramere":7tr8n7tz said:
BeardyDragon":7tr8n7tz said:
YKYLWBW you don't have ac because the dragon wouldn't like it. :blob8:
Lol, its ok, at least im not the only one! ha ha

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
You know you're living with beardies when... you wait out side of a pet store firsting thing in the morning before it even opens to get breakfest.

BeardyDragon

Juvie Member
mom had a nightmare where our dragon xena was in the car and we had stopped to get something. mom came out after and then saw that our car was in the back and had been opened. snow was everywhere, and xena was under two feet! :shock: :eek: w0w mom picked her up and she shivered like "mommy why am i so cold?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom