You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
herpfreak":12ea8 said:
...When you are on a road trip with the family for Thanksgiving weekend and you pass by a rock shop (I didn't know they existed :? ) with big piles of rocks in every size and color... the geologist of the family, my little bro, runs up to it to admire the rocks. Although I have no interest in geology, I leap out of the car shouting "I see the PERFECT basking rock for Budo!!"

(I ended up buying 15 pounds of possible basking rocks and hauling them around for the rest of the trip. :p)

A similar situation came up last month when I went up to CA with my best friend for a weekend and we stopped at Lake Caples on our way. I had to pee so I hiked into the trees, but on my way I stumbled across a massive amount of driftwood. Twenty minutes later, my friend comes to see if I got eaten by some wild animal, and finds me with my arms full of driftwood, begging her to let me put them in her car because I needed them for Budo. :lol:

Boy, can I relate! :mrgreen:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
YKYLWBW...you have more cages in your living room than furniture;
...your 2nd bedroom is your oldest beardie's territory
...1/2 your kitchen counter is full of beardie bath stuff & so is your bathroom
...You feel the silence when your beardies brumate, yet they don't make any noise!
...You and your hubby spend more time cuddling, feeding & bathing beardies than spending time just the two of you
...You get all excited over the new beardie calendars and tell all your friends, who just look at you blankly :shock: with that expression on their faces
....You don't have as many visitors as before you managed to accumulate 5 beardies & 1 gecko in a small (921 sq ft) apartment.
...Even though your house if FULL, you always contemplate a new beardie & you have an empty 20 gal tank, just in case you have to rescue a baby

We love them all, but our family and friends think we're CRAZY :D :D

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
You know your living with beardies when friends bring you rocks. I had a freid who is a truck driver bring me a box of rocks from all over the place. He drives all over Canada and the USA for shipments and he will see rocks at truck depots and stuff and get them for me. The rocks I don't use for my cages goes in the my rock garden.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
sweetiepie9":c3067 said:
Hi Maya, did you get your basking rocks and driftwood home? Say hi to Budo for all of us :D :D
Hi! Yes I did although I haven't gotten around to bleaching the rocks yet. Sorry I haven't been online much lately, it's been pretty busy around here. Will do! Give everyone in your crew a hello from me. :)

bigdave

When you take him out to the park for the day and a girl you've never met before sudenly gives you her number :mrgreen:

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
bigdave":c4fb4 said:
When you take him out to the park for the day and a girl you've never met before sudenly gives you her number :mrgreen:

Yay! Way to go bigdavew/beardie!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I hauled rocks from Oklahoma to California for the beardies vivs :D The whole trip thats all we looked for was things our beardies would love. Their were WAY to many. The stuff we do to make them happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom