You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
...When you have a 3-bathroom house for the five people of the family, and everybody ends up showering the same bathroom because there are rocks and driftwood being bleached in the other tubs. :oops: My family are pretty tolerant of my beardie-slave tendencies (they have not yet been converted to slavery, as I am very possessive of Budo and have not allowed him to infect them), but when it comes to the bathrooms, they can be nasty.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
.... when you're out buying babyfood for your underweight beardie, and your stepfather asks, "Why do you need so much babyfood? I mean, I know that if you buy 8 jars you get 75% off, but why do you need that much?" And you reply, with all the human baby mothers in the aisle listening, "BECAUSE, Gem needs to gain 210 grams, I've told you this before!" And all the other women look at you like, "Grams? Babies are weighed in ounces...."
True story. Just came home....
Oh, yes, and the cashier goes, "Running low on food for the little tyke?" And I go, "Oh, this is for reptiles." I get the ".... :?" Then, "What kind of reptiles are eating babyfood?"
"Bearded Dragons. I have a picky eater."
"...."

:roll:

So now I have 8 jars of a wide variety of babyfood for Miss Gem. :mrgreen: And I got 75% off!

Jacqui

Jake583

You have an entire refrigerator crisper full of little bags of carrotes, rasberries, kale, and the huge bag of heats of romain! I spoil him with a large varietie of foods :mrgreen:

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
...When you can recognize The Noise from two doors down. Budo was just in the tub and I was two rooms away getting a towel for him and I hear The Noise and automatically head for the bathroom to clean out the tub. :oops: :oops:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
herpfreak":b1725 said:
...When you can recognize The Noise from two doors down. Budo was just in the tub and I was two rooms away getting a towel for him and I hear The Noise and automatically head for the bathroom to clean out the tub. :oops: :oops:
Budo makes "The Noise"? Mine doesn't make any noise. I have to watch him like a hawk and as soon as the deed was done, I'd have to immediately scoop him out or there'd be stepped on/shredded poop everywhere.

YKYLWBW . . . you have designated towels, stuffies, bowls, plates, and cups as "beardie only".

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
...when you've squirrelled away cups, blankets, towels, bowls, etc over half a year so no one would notice they were missing :lol:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Goonie":7de9c said:
YKYLWBW . . . you have designated towels, stuffies, bowls, plates, and cups as "beardie only".

you forgot designated toothbrushes and scrubbing brushes (for dirty tiles).... I even have a designated tea spoon for each of them!!

Jake583

spurlee01":f2def said:
Jake583":f2def said:
You have an entire refrigerator crisper full of little bags of carrotes, rasberries, kale, and the huge bag of heats of romain! I spoil him with a large varietie of foods :mrgreen:

Try collard, mustard, or dandelion greens instead of romaine! They are so much more nutritious. Have you seen this link?
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
oh really... Uhhg Iv been feeding him that for a long time now and I find out that its not nutritious! this is emmbarassing! :oops:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Spending the whole weekend on redoing beardie vivs.... praying for no poop while they are roaming as your doing their viv :shock: (a few didnt make it :puke: )

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
When you dip roaches in baby food in a last ditch effort to not syringe feed :banghead: . Not sure what is going on with my Lilly, but if their aren't improvements this week, I guess we're going to the vet. Jake, don't worry, you're not the first! I'm sorry, I would have PM'd you if I'd known I'd embarass you :oops: .

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh yes we all have done that at one point or another :D

You make out your christmas wish list and all it has on it is beardie suplys ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom