You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
YKYLWBW: your babies are brumating and all of a sudden you're really lonely, even though your husband is awake!
....you realize the beardies you own are taking up more space than you
....you get on this site numerous time during the day & when all the posts are answered, you're bored
....you have more food in the fridge for your beardies than you have for yourself
....you make sure when beardies are awake that they get their turns watching cartoons & your husband knows that "Dinasaur Train" is the favourite cartoon & at what time it plays on what station, even though he HATES cartoons
....you end up enjoying the cartoons your beardies are watching more than they do!
....you visit your mom at her house as she's got an issue with reptiles & has asked politely if it's ok if for you to come to her place instead of her visiting you
....any cleaners in the house are beardie friendly
....you make sure that any beardies that are awake are given extra cuddles :D :D :D

Dragoon

Sub-Adult Member
sweetiepie9":2enzqc1g said:
YKYLWBW: your babies are brumating and all of a sudden you're really lonely, even though your husband is awake!
....you realize the beardies you own are taking up more space than you
....you get on this site numerous time during the day & when all the posts are answered, you're bored
....you have more food in the fridge for your beardies than you have for yourself
....you make sure when beardies are awake that they get their turns watching cartoons & your husband knows that "Dinasaur Train" is the favourite cartoon & at what time it plays on what station, even though he HATES cartoons
....you end up enjoying the cartoons your beardies are watching more than they do!
....you visit your mom at her house as she's got an issue with reptiles & has asked politely if it's ok if for you to come to her place instead of her visiting you
....any cleaners in the house are beardie friendly
....you make sure that any beardies that are awake are given extra cuddles :D :D :D

....you get on this site numerous time during the day & when all the posts are answered, you're bored.
I do this a lot! :lol:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
YKYLWBW ... you smell a hot/burning smell and immediately the whole family starts checking vivs & lights to make sure beardies are safe, and this is done BEFORE making sure the kitchen isn't on fire!

YKYLWBW ... your tummy muscles are sore because you spent yesterday laughing all day at your new baby beardies' antics.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
blondie098":fllk0xow said:
YKYLWBW ... you smell a hot/burning smell and immediately the whole family starts checking vivs & lights to make sure beardies are safe, and this is done BEFORE making sure the kitchen isn't on fire!
Spoken like a true beardie slave :laughing6:

blondie098":fllk0xow said:
YKYLWBW ... your tummy muscles are sore because you spent yesterday laughing all day at your new baby beardies' antics.
Does your cheeks hurt as well? :wink:

Dragoon

Sub-Adult Member
YKYLWBW...

When something is wrong with your beardie, every thirty seconds you check on it.

People are scared to come into your house.

Your family warns you, "Beardie on the walk!"

When you look down all the time in your house to make sure your beardie isn't within your foot's range

BeardyDragon

Juvie Member
sweetiepie9":2orpydk6 said:

MEEEE i browse the forums for a while after and am impatient for people to post!

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
Background info:

I have an 18 year old daughter who had every kind of creepy crawly phobia imaginable before. She also complained a lot about Angie receiving more attention than her.

... your previously phobic daughter immediately claims the new dragon addition as hers the moment you bring it home.
... the same daughter tells her boyfriend not to cuddle her when watching DVD's, 'cause the new baby is sleeping under her sweater.
... you tell your daughter her enclosure (her car) is too hot from standing in the sun the whole day and she should probably take a bath when she gets home to rehydrate.
... your (diabetic) husband forgot to buy his breakfast cereal and you offer him grated butternut.
... you try to figure out where you can do your make-up if you take the dressing table out of the room (to make space for the beardies to move into your room). Your husband first laughs at the idea, but you can see how he figures out how to get the dressing table into the bathroom.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
BeardyDragon":33e3kmo0 said:
sweetiepie9":33e3kmo0 said:

MEEEE i browse the forums for a while after and am impatient for people to post!

I thought I was the only one. lol

kandj1972

When your house is a wreck the kids are hungry and your wife says what did you do all day while i was at work and you point to beardeddragon.org on the screen

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
kandj1972":kwo1dmmr said:
When your house is a wreck the kids are hungry and your wife/husbands says what did you do all day while i was at work and you point to beardeddragon.org on the screen
:laughhard: Oh how I can relate... :laughhard:

kandj1972

fresnowitte":1tbk3t9b said:
kandj1972":1tbk3t9b said:
When your house is a wreck the kids are hungry and your wife/husbands says what did you do all day while i was at work and you point to beardeddragon.org on the screen
:laughhard: Oh how I can relate... :laughhard:

She will call me and says what are you doing? I have a choice say looking at beardeddragon.org or say nothing which means looking at beardeddragon.org lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom