Yoshi's Thread... RIP My Sweet Baby Boy *Necropsy Results*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so here's the adoption story. I've wanted a lizard of some sort for YEARS. But my mom said no more pets, even though lizards are my favorite animal. So in 2010, as it was approaching my birthday, my good friend Mario (he's my old boss and one of my best friends) asked what I wanted. Originally I said a tattoo. :lol: But the more I thought about it, wanted a way to get a lizard. So I did some asking around and finally my best friend Anna and her husband Zach said I could keep one at their house, which was perfect as they lived three blocks from me and I don't drive. I told Mario I wanted a lizard instead and he agreed that would be his birthday present to me. So I decided on a beardie and started looking around for one. I decided I wanted one with a reddish tinge and my good friend Katie said her professor breeded beardies. She in turn asked about pricing and what I wanted to spend and talked to her prof. So he agreed and sent me some pictures of juvies in my price range. I saw this one reddish one and the rest, as they say, is history. That was in November of 2010.

Now here it is March. Anna and Zach got a house and I moved in with them to watch their kids while they work. So now I actually see Yoshi everyday and he is getting more used to me, although he still gets frightened if I startle him. :roll:

He has been eating around 15 small crix a day but after reading the boards here, I put him in a feeder box today and let him go to town with the crix and he ate about 30 before he lost interest.

I'd love to meet some new beardie lovers as Yoshi and I are new to the site.
:blob5: Ashley :blob8:

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
HAHA! Yeah, I told him he could grow it out a bit this time. Usually I make him shave the facial hair. LMAO!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So I woke up to my two boys being as noisey as they could. Apparently it was time for me to get up. LOL

So this Saturday, we have "Meet the Leopard Geckos" at work (PetCo), so I get to teach the little class/demonstration thing for it! I'm so excited!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND... I guess NEXT month, there is gonna be a "Meet the Bearded Dragons" and I get to teach that one too! I'm REALLY excited for that one! PLUS, my boss is gonna let me bring Yoshi to work that day for the people to see and interact with him. Which is cool cuz Yoshi is awesome. LOL And cuz the babies at the store are still little and skittish, so Yosh will be far more calm than they would be.

I wish I could make a little PetCo shirt for him to wear that day. :laughhard:

cmh3988

Hatchling Member
That is so cool!!! Do you know what time it is yet? I may stop by so I can say hi to Yoshi :)

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No, I'm not sure. It's not til next month and I don't have the date yet. I need to find out soon though, so I can plan my vacation around it. LOL

Saturday I'll have a leopard gecko from 1-2 if you canna come by. I'm bringing out the big one we have and he's GORGEOUS. He's been in the back cuz he's too big to be in the tank with the babies and there's no empty space for him.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanx! And I found out that the bd demo is on August 6th and 7th. So that's when Yoshi will be at work with me!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I forgot to mention that Yoshi won the "Where's Waldo?" Photo Competition for June! :)

And here's some videos for your viewing pleasure (Apologies for my talking. I sound like a muppet.)...

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yoshi told me to post a bump so more people can see his adorable waxworm catching skills. He says you all need to watch the videos and comment. LOL

cmh3988

Hatchling Member
Yoshi, you are AWESOME at the waxworm eating!! I especially love your technique for getting that pesky wormie off your nose and into your bellah!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The first time I tried it, he sat there with it on his nose like a dog and then he snatched it up real quick, but I couldn't get him to do it again! LOL

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Got Yoshi's harness and took him outside for the first time!

All my fb friends know this already, but I'm a big boyband fan and I just saw New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys. (NKOTBSB) I think Yoshi is a closet boyband fan.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jess":3vauc41d said:
LOL, that's the same colored harness that Dud has! He's a cutie!

Aww! My room is pink, purple, orange, lime green and turquoise. So I try to make my pets' stuff match. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom