Yoshi's Thread... RIP My Sweet Baby Boy *Necropsy Results*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so here's the adoption story. I've wanted a lizard of some sort for YEARS. But my mom said no more pets, even though lizards are my favorite animal. So in 2010, as it was approaching my birthday, my good friend Mario (he's my old boss and one of my best friends) asked what I wanted. Originally I said a tattoo. :lol: But the more I thought about it, wanted a way to get a lizard. So I did some asking around and finally my best friend Anna and her husband Zach said I could keep one at their house, which was perfect as they lived three blocks from me and I don't drive. I told Mario I wanted a lizard instead and he agreed that would be his birthday present to me. So I decided on a beardie and started looking around for one. I decided I wanted one with a reddish tinge and my good friend Katie said her professor breeded beardies. She in turn asked about pricing and what I wanted to spend and talked to her prof. So he agreed and sent me some pictures of juvies in my price range. I saw this one reddish one and the rest, as they say, is history. That was in November of 2010.

Now here it is March. Anna and Zach got a house and I moved in with them to watch their kids while they work. So now I actually see Yoshi everyday and he is getting more used to me, although he still gets frightened if I startle him. :roll:

He has been eating around 15 small crix a day but after reading the boards here, I put him in a feeder box today and let him go to town with the crix and he ate about 30 before he lost interest.

I'd love to meet some new beardie lovers as Yoshi and I are new to the site.
:blob5: Ashley :blob8:

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you all for your kind words.

Bowser is my rescue beardie i saved from craigslist. He is doing as well as a formerly neglected beardie can be, I suppose. LOL Thank you for asking.

reptilegyrl

Sub-Adult Member
I am a newer member of this community and have enjoyed reading your story. I am so sorry for your loss and my prayers are going up for you! you are a good mommy for your beardies! so glad you got some answers and that Yoshi was not in pain when he went!

DaddyGeek

Juvie Member
I know it's late but I am so sorry for your loss :cry: It was obvious to everyone here how much you loved him so I guarantee he knew it too. I am glad that you have know now what happened and that you really could not have done anything for him now that you got the results back. Sometimes it's just their time and it kills you inside but you can't do anything about it. As someone who has had many pets over the years I know the feeling and mine and my wife's heart goes out to you.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you all for your kind words. You have all been a great comfort during this sad time.

Oh my goodness...

I am new here, and I read your little saga.
I have not cried at anything online ever until now. I feel really sorry for you, but at least you know you did nothing wrong and Yoshi did nothing wrong.
I hope you are okay, I can't even imagine what I would do if I lost my little (not anymore) Sedona...

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
Hi, Sashee. I just looked at this thread and I wanted to tell you I am so sorry that you lost Yoshi. :( It's so hard losing a beloved animal and I wish you luck with your new beardie.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
I know I'm late on this, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. Just reading what you typed made me cry. (I don't want to say which part 'cause I don't want me or you to cry again) Idk what we'd do if we lost Allie. :cry: I hope all is well with you and yours. ::hugs::

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
its amazing how fast these freak things can happen. im so sorry for your loss just know that he didnt suffer and that you were the best mommy.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I just found this about Yoshi and I'm sorry. I know how much it hurts. They sure do grow on us. I'm glad your rescue, Bowser is doing good. That helps to have another beardie to care for when you loose one. I say that from personal experience. You will always love and miss the ones you lost but you always love the one left behind, and the others you get.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you all so much. You guys have been so comforting during this past month. I'm still having a hard time with losing Yoshi. It really bothers me, even though I KNOW I did nothing wrong and couldn't have done anything differently.

jelxxx

OgleRpets":3arkw7ma said:
As an update since she hasn't been here in awhile. The vet had to put Bowser down.

Poor Sashee :( It's so hard to lose a pet, much less two pets in such a close time span. My prayers are with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom