Yoshi's Thread... RIP My Sweet Baby Boy *Necropsy Results*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so here's the adoption story. I've wanted a lizard of some sort for YEARS. But my mom said no more pets, even though lizards are my favorite animal. So in 2010, as it was approaching my birthday, my good friend Mario (he's my old boss and one of my best friends) asked what I wanted. Originally I said a tattoo. :lol: But the more I thought about it, wanted a way to get a lizard. So I did some asking around and finally my best friend Anna and her husband Zach said I could keep one at their house, which was perfect as they lived three blocks from me and I don't drive. I told Mario I wanted a lizard instead and he agreed that would be his birthday present to me. So I decided on a beardie and started looking around for one. I decided I wanted one with a reddish tinge and my good friend Katie said her professor breeded beardies. She in turn asked about pricing and what I wanted to spend and talked to her prof. So he agreed and sent me some pictures of juvies in my price range. I saw this one reddish one and the rest, as they say, is history. That was in November of 2010.

Now here it is March. Anna and Zach got a house and I moved in with them to watch their kids while they work. So now I actually see Yoshi everyday and he is getting more used to me, although he still gets frightened if I startle him. :roll:

He has been eating around 15 small crix a day but after reading the boards here, I put him in a feeder box today and let him go to town with the crix and he ate about 30 before he lost interest.

I'd love to meet some new beardie lovers as Yoshi and I are new to the site.
:blob5: Ashley :blob8:

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, I finally ordered crix online. Glad to save money on the little suckers. Hopefully I can keep them alive for it to be worth it. This is my first time purchasing in bulk, so, we'll see, i suppose. :?

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lots of happy color pix!

CIMG4865 by Tricky_Bone, on Flickr

CIMG4864 by Tricky_Bone, on Flickr

Showing off his beard for Scarlett!

CIMG4863 by Tricky_Bone, on Flickr

CIMG4853 by Tricky_Bone, on Flickr

"Mom. I'm waiting fo my cwickets!"

CIMG4847 by Tricky_Bone, on Flickr

CIMG4850 by Tricky_Bone, on Flickr

He's getting a bit of a tummy on him! :)

CIMG4869 by Tricky_Bone, on Flickr

CIMG4843 by Tricky_Bone, on Flickr

"Heaw. Take a pitcher fwom this side."

CIMG4861 by Tricky_Bone, on Flickr

Creamy belly!

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh yes, there is definitely a hardcore attitude there. He's so high maintenance. Lol I love him but he's a bit of a brat. I went photo crazy cuz he doesn't have the creamy belly much. He's super picky about everything. :roll:

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanx! I had to get happy color pix. :D And now he's almost in full shed so it's a good thing i did. I'm glad Scarlett likes her pic. Yosh said it was just for her. HAHA

jaidonx13

Hatchling Member
Really awesome Beardie! Cool story too. I had my beardie at my friends house for a couple months, my parents make me pay $50-$60 a month to cover the electric cost of his lights, but I let my friend babysit him for a couple months until I could get some money to pay my parents :) Good thing my friend lives on my street!

jaidonx13

Hatchling Member
Sashee":278ebrgr said:
Thanx guys! If only he was always his happy colors! LOL

Wow that's not even his basking color, i just realized that, how does he look when he's in the sunlightt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom