Yellow Spotted Ameiva Lizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesOzzy

Hatchling Member
Has anyone ever heard of this lizard, or perhaps owned one? I really need a care sheet or some advice for the keeping of this lizard.

Thanks in advance!

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
Adult Blue and Yellow Spotted Ameivas (Ameiva chaltzami) These brilliantly colored ground dwelling lizards are native to the rainforests of Southern Mexico Central, and South America. Maximum size: 15”-20” Lighting: Full spectrum fluorescent UV bulbs and a basking light are required. Temperature range: Day 78°-90°FTemperature range: Day 78°-90°F Night 72°-78°F Basking 90°F Food: Crickets, earthworms, mealworms, and pinkie mice coated in calcium and vitamin powder. Water: A large bowl of clean water should always be available for drinking and soaking Housing/Habitat: An aquarium equipped with an under tank heating pad at one end and aspen or izard litter substrate. Landscape to simulate a rain forest habitat with basking area, hiding places, and plenty of climbing areas. Misting the terrarium several times a week will help to maintain the high humidity required.

Found this hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom