yellow legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so my bearded dragon, Carlos, is beginning to turn yellow? his legs and the sides of is stomach. he has everything in his cage that he needs iv asked people and they said his viv is fine. any idea what this is?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post a picture of him? Could he be getting ready to shed soon? Their skin become discolored prior to shedding.

Tracie

newbeardiemom19

Original Poster
hey sorry took me a while to reply
been busy with christmas stuff
well here is a picture i took of him today
with my new camera i might add :)
004.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Gorgeous beardie and congratulations on your new camera. It looks to me that the top of his head to the middle of his back is in a shed, also the tip of his tail is shedding.

newbeardiemom19

Original Poster
k well in this pic u cant really see the yellow, but look at his leg.. doesnt it look yellow to you?
or is it just me? iv been reading alot of the problems in this er spot and worried sumthing bad is going to happen to my lil man haha
so anything i see i start freakin out about

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It looks to be his natural pigmentation that is beginning to come out. As they get older, alot of times their coloring can change.
He is a little cutie pie, too. :D

Tracie

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
newbeardiemom19":489d8 said:
k well in this pic u cant really see the yellow, but look at his leg.. doesnt it look yellow to you?
or is it just me? iv been reading alot of the problems in this er spot and worried sumthing bad is going to happen to my lil man haha
so anything i see i start freakin out about

I understand why you are freaking out. It's easy to do. We did it when we first got Zoom Zoom and she wasn't eating or growing as fast as I thought she should.
I agree with Tracie, tho. The yellow color on your beardie's legs looks like his normal new skin color. I think you were worried about yellow fungus, that looks very different than the legs are and, if I remember reading correctly, the yellow fungus usually starts in the vent or mouth area and is mostly caused by the drugs they need for whatever illness they have at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom