Yellow Granular Stuff on Urate (Graphic Poop Pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Bob pooped for me today and I had the joyful experience of poking around in his poop trying to figure out what's going on. The granular stuff is confined to the urate only - there was none at all in the actual poop. It is on the outside of the urate and also embedded in the middle. This leads me to believe that it probably is excess calcium, so I'm going to cut back on his supplementation schedule and see if it changes. I can't afford a fecal for him until next payday, but I'll be taking in a sample as soon as I get paid.

katieerin

Hatchling Member
I have a picture! :lol:

GEDC0823.jpg

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yes, that's exactly the same! I guess it must just be extra calcium. What a relief!

I wonder how many of us have an entire folder of pictures of beardie poop... :lol:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Jasper's Mom":03a0c said:
I wonder how many of us have an entire folder of pictures of beardie poop... :lol:
You can count me in for that one...maybe two folders. :lol:

That last poop pic you posted looked just like Piggy's did only she had a tad less of the yellow.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think that it is excess calcium related also. Try backing down a little bit on the calcium & increase some oral fluids to help soften up those urates.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom