health

love

Beardie name(s)
charizard
Hi my bearded dragon still last year in December. He was diagnosis with parasite. he has not been eating on his own. I been feed him thru syringe. His is about 7 to 8 month . For two days his been sluggish. Not very active. What should I do. I gave him last night and today some booster. However he still the same. He do poop everyday . Since I am feeding him thru syringe he did gain some weight

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi my bearded dragon still last year in December. He was diagnosis with parasite. he has not been eating on his own. I been feed him thru syringe. His is about 7 to 8 month . For two days his been sluggish. Not very active. What should I do. I gave him last night and today some booster. However he still the same. He do poop everyday . Since I am feeding him thru syringe he did gain some weight
Your dragon will not eat w/ out proper surface basking temps and UVB ----- basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer temps should be 95-100-- a good quality UVB they are not all the same -- NO COILS ---- please post a pic of the tank and his lighting -- how long has he been off the meds the dragon should be eating on his own --

love

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
charizard
His been of the meds since December 12/31 . He been not eating on own since he was diagnosis with parasite on December. Between 12/31 of his last med was give. I did recent did another stool test to make sure he does have anymore the parasite. He was negative. He still will not eat on his on

1706368912592.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
His been of the meds since December 12/31 . He been not eating on own since he was diagnosis with parasite on December. Between 12/31 of his last med was give. I did recent did another stool test to make sure he does have anymore the parasite. He was negative. He still will not eat on his on

View attachment 86945
I see stick ons for a temp gauge--- you need a digital probe thermometer placed on the spot where he sits for basking 95-100 --- you dont need to leave it there but should spot check every couple of weeks as basking bulbs lose their intensity --- where is the UVB? If you using a coil in one of those domes it needs to go NOW and be replaced w/ a long tube fixture!! Not all long tube fixtures are of good quality we can recommend 3 ---- he will not eat w/out proper surface basking temps and UVB

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which parasite was he diagnosed with, coccidia?
Do you know what medication he is on right now, or
is he off of them now?
Most times, following medication rounds they will lose
their appetites for a time. You can try using some
probiotics such as non dairy organic soy yogurt or some
non dairy acidophilus either one to help restore his gut
flora. Do you have any bee pollen to help with his overall
appetite & boost his system following medication?

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom