wont come out from hide

aspenlol682

Beardie name(s)
Milo
hes 9 months old, he slept in his hide last night and his lights came on 5 hours ago and he hasnt budged and wont eat. what do i do?? should i take his hide out? ive put all his favorite bugs in and hes uninterested.

Attachments

• 20230407_123917.jpg
    20230407_123917.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 74

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
hes 9 months old, he slept in his hide last night and his lights came on 5 hours ago and he hasnt budged and wont eat. what do i do?? should i take his hide out? ive put all his favorite bugs in and hes uninterested.
How long has he been doing this? How long has he not eaten? What kind of UVB are you using and what are his surface basking temps? How are you taking them? Stick ons are inaccurate you want a digital probe thermometer and temps should be 95-100--

aspenlol682

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Milo
How long has he been doing this? How long has he not eaten? What kind of UVB are you using and what are his surface basking temps? How are you taking them? Stick ons are inaccurate you want a digital probe thermometer and temps should be 95-100--
hes been doing it on and off for a couple weeks but this morning is the worst its been. ive been meaning to get a probe and im going to asap but i figured he gapes when he basks so it temp seems adequate? i have the arcadia HO-T5 desert lamp uvb and its mounted inside his enclosure.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
hes been doing it on and off for a couple weeks but this morning is the worst its been. ive been meaning to get a probe and im going to asap but i figured he gapes when he basks so it temp seems adequate? i have the arcadia HO-T5 desert lamp uvb and its mounted inside his enclosure.
So good UVB how old is the bulb? If its 10 -11 months change it out please-- it needs to be directly over the basking decor piece 12-15 inches--- the gaping is good it means hes adjusting his body temp but you still want the digital probes -- have you weighed him? is he losing weight? has he ever been tested for parasites? You can get a fecal take it in NO enemas -- 24 hr sample!! so with the UVB ruled out and basking temps it could be parasites they will cause this kind of behavior -- once those are ruled out then we need to explore other options-

aspenlol682

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Milo
the uvb is 6 months old. i just weighed him and hes 463 grams but i dont weigh him often so i cant tell if hes lost weight. we are booking him for a checkup very soon, i put him by the window for a bit for some fresh air and he seems to be moving now very slowly. i had taken the hide out and he still didnt seem to want to eat or move but no stress marks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
the uvb is 6 months old. i just weighed him and hes 463 grams but i dont weigh him often so i cant tell if hes lost weight. we are booking him for a checkup very soon, i put him by the window for a bit for some fresh air and he seems to be moving now very slowly. i had taken the hide out and he still didnt seem to want to eat or move but no stress marks
Moving slowly? Doesnt sound good -- please keep track of his weight- hes got good weight on him - he may be trying to brumate but they usually do that when they are over a year old - but w/ his weight being good its a possibility -- check up sounds good but NO enemas - I would take a fecal in before the appt so they can get it tested that way when you go in they have those results -- please get all copies of the visit -- blood work xrays if done -- how has he been getting water?

aspenlol682

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Milo
Moving slowly? Doesnt sound good -- please keep track of his weight- hes got good weight on him - he may be trying to brumate but they usually do that when they are over a year old - but w/ his weight being good its a possibility -- check up sounds good but NO enemas - I would take a fecal in before the appt so they can get it tested that way when you go in they have those results -- please get all copies of the visit -- blood work xrays if done -- how has he been getting water?
i mist him quite often, he does have a water dish but humidity is an issue sometimes so we don't put it in very often. we have one of his poops in a container in the fridge but they wont do a fecal test without a checkup first. he is slowly kind of waking up now that ive taken his hide out. food is grabbing his attention but he still wont eat and hes walking around a bit.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i mist him quite often, he does have a water dish but humidity is an issue sometimes so we don't put it in very often. we have one of his poops in a container in the fridge but they wont do a fecal test without a checkup first. he is slowly kind of waking up now that ive taken his hide out. food is grabbing his attention but he still wont eat and hes walking around a bit.
Is he licking the water off his nose? How are you getting the humidity levels? A digital probe hygrometer should be used they are the most accurate placed on the back center wall of the tank - optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 and over 70% --

aspenlol682

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Milo
Is he licking the water off his nose? How are you getting the humidity levels? A digital probe hygrometer should be used they are the most accurate placed on the back center wall of the tank - optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 and over 70% --
yes he licks it off his nose and the wall. i get those with stick ons as well unfortunately, im planning on picking probes up tomorrow. they read around 36 to 38% because everything ive seen says to keep it between 30 and 40% but i will get back to you when i get the probes.

aspenlol682

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Milo
there were no probe hygrometers in stores in my area so ive ordered one on amazon and it will get here on the 11th. i picked up a probe thermometer and his basking area is reading at 99°

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
there were no probe hygrometers in stores in my area so ive ordered one on amazon and it will get here on the 11th. i picked up a probe thermometer and his basking area is reading at 99°
Ok so that's good - I would get a fecal have it tested then go from there--

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom