Why is my beardie spending a lot of time on the cool side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past week I have noticed that my beardie is staying on the cool side longer. Could this be a sign of a health problem?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How old is your beardie? What type of thermometer are you using and what is the basking SURFACE temp and on the bottom of the cool side?

Jetplane16

Original Poster
He or she is about four months old (Exact D.O.B is unknown). Basking spot is 105 and cool spot is about 82. Thermometer is a etekcity infrared thermometer.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good that you're using a temp gun. How close do you hold it from the area you're checking?

A 4 month old should be wanting to bask right under the lights a good part of the day. Would you be able to post some pictures of your setup to see if maybe something needs a little adjusting? This will help you and then post the XIMG link here: https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/

How is his appetite and energy level?

Jetplane16

Original Poster
This is my current set up.
87507-8444344615.jpg
I try to get as close as possible when measuring but it is hard to get it exact as the only entrance is on the top where the light is. He is not super energetic in his cage but once he has been out for around five minutes he perks up and runs all around my room.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
It's possible he just really likes that hammock. Have you thought about getting one for the other side? Maybe a fuzzy one that doesn't have the little holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom